MAC admins

i know this is a reely newbie ish question, but i am a newbie with this being my first neowin post

i was wondering is there a way to set up multiple admuns on a mac because i', getting tired of having to type in my username and password everytime i want to add a program etc.

It should not be asking for your password every time you just want to add a program. When exactly is it asking?

The answer is yes, it is possible within user accounts, but even this user will still get asked for your password with certain things, like modifying system files. This is part of the great Mac OS X security. Not even administrators have true root access to the files unless you are verified first. To do this, go into System Preferences under Accounts. Click the plus sign to add a new user and then under the tab "Limitations" you can select which type of access they have to your system.

If you want to run under the root account, you can open NetInfoManagaer in Applications>Utilities. In the menu bar, got to Security>Enable Root Account. This will ask you to create a password. Then in User Accounts in System Preferences, you need to enable text field for login, instead of the icon display. This will allow you to enter any name and password in the login fields, instead of just the shown users.

Login with the name "root" and your password that you set, and you will be in. It should never ask you for your password again.

This is not recommended at all however, because you can really screw things up this way. It is better to just leave your user as an admin and enter your password every once in awhile. It sounds to me like it is asking for your password too much though. You might want to check and verify that all your permissions are correct and you have read/write access to the folders you are trying to modify.

If this happens when you are adding an application to the Applications folder, go and highlight the applications folder, and in the menu bar select File>Get Info. Under permissions, make sure that "Read and Write" is selected. You can do this with each folder you are having issues with.

P.S. Just as an off-topic side note, Mac is an abbreviation for Macintosh, not an acronym. The whole thing does not get capitalized. A MAC is something completely different.

thanks for the info, don't suppose i will do that as i will probably end up breaking my mac or something

thaks for the tip on not using MAC aswell :D