u wont believe this

haha, nuthin to believe or not in here! so ok here i go AGAIN!! I just formatted my computer ok? I have 10GB harddisk of which i used 2GB for primary DOS partition or in anotha word (drive C:)and installed windows98. Now, Da other 8GB is free space. i tried to create 3 other logical partitions D(1.5GB), E(3.5GB) and F(3GB) but it keeps givin a max of 2GB for each partition and i guess thats becoz of a FAT16 issue. alrighty then, now wat should i do to make da partitions like I demonstrated above(E:3.5GB...). Can anyone help me???Must i convert to FAT32 or sumthin and how? spanx

Before you formatted you should've FDISKED and specified FAT32, your only choice now is to use some disk partitioning software like PM7 to convert to FAT32.

You need at least Windows 95-OSR2 version of the FDISK tool

(Win95-B version).

When it starts it asks you if large-disk support should be turned on. Choose 'Y' here. After this you will be able to partition beyond the 2.1GB boundary

I think you can still run fdisk from the command window in WIndows 98 and redo all the partitions except the primary one. If not you cna go to add/remove programs in the control panel and create a Windows 98 startup disk (which will have fat32 support in fdisk) and start over.

When Running FDISK Enable Large mode and then Create a 2GB Primary Parition and then 8GB Extended Partition.Then within the 8 GB Extended Partition define the Smaller Partitions you want to create.Your HD must be Formatted in Fat32.If you have problem deleting your partitions Select "Delete Non-OS Partition" If the problem persists you can go and set your HD access Mode as Large within the Bios Settings.Then try to delete them again