Guild Wars?

someone told me that Guild Wars is a massively multiplayer RPG, that won't have any monthly fees, is that true?

looks like it may be a very good game if they can pull everything off right

I am already signed-up and ready for the E3 for Everyone event :D

its only 65mb installed, so once E3 starts, the rest will downlaod

and release date is fall, September i think

it should be good, people involved in making it, worked on Diablo, Starcraft and World of Warcraft,

guys did you notice a change in a client, it used to have a little flag near top-right corner that if clicked opened up setup menu (limited, only client functionality available, other tabs grayed out), now with the last update it's gone... weired.

they did have an options menu in the client for a little while yesterday, but they removed it for now. just so people know, they keep updating the client daily with new data, so if you keep running it every day or two, you wont have as much to get right before e3.

This game is gonna kick ass. If you like what you see and haven't voted in my MMORPG poll, go vote for Guild Wars here.

@Wing: You have to buy the game, but there are no monthly fees.

This game is gonna kick ass. If you like what you see and haven't voted in my MMORPG poll, go vote for Guild Wars here.

@Wing: You have to buy the game, but there are no monthly fees.

i love rpgs :yes:

but how... HOW are they going to pull it off without monthly subscripts?

They will release expansion packs that will cost money. If you want to use the added features you buy it. If not, you don't and can't use any new items or visit new areas. Not bad... gives you a choice.

They will release expansion packs that will cost money. If you want to use the added features you buy it. If not, you don't and can't use any new items or visit new areas. Not bad... gives you a choice.

or the game is $150 and its programes to not work after a year ;)

but how... HOW are they going to pull it off without monthly subscripts?

They hope the lack of monthly fees will entice enough people to buy the game to make ends meet - people like me. :)

This game is NOT and MMORPG. The world is not persistent becasue all areas except the towns are instanced. It's like Battle.net but instead of being in a chat room talking, trading, etc. you are in a city in the game. Once you get a group of people together you teleport to an area to fight. This area is hosted off one of the party members computers and you will not see any other players unless they are in your party.

Also with no monthly fees that means no free content. They plan on releasing expansions every 6 months for around $50. So it's the same as paying a monthly fee, but you have the option to buy the expansion or not.

I'm not ripping on the game because it looks very fun, but so many people are confused on what this game is.

for me may 12th to may 14th will decide if i will buy the game, if the game is has good game play, graphics, sound, and the rest, and only 49 bucks with out monlty fees, you can't go wrong

This game is NOT and MMORPG. The world is not persistent becasue all areas except the towns are instanced. It's like Battle.net but instead of being in a chat room talking, trading, etc. you are in a city in the game. Once you get a group of people together you teleport to an area to fight. This area is hosted off one of the party members computers and you will not see any other players unless they are in your party.

Best example would be Phantasy Star Online. Had the same concept.

Unless of course you've never played Phantasy Star but have played Diablo...then PS is a bad example (as it is for me) :p

Anyways, I like the concept of an MMORPG you don't have to pay a monthly fee for but paying the same for addons as for the full game is donna be pushing it.