AoM - Titans vs. RoN - Thrones & Patriots

Which expansion pack do you prefer?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which expansion pack do you prefer?

• Age of Mythology - The Titans
    • Rise of Nations - Thrones & Patriots

I am thinking of buying a expansion pack of either Age of Mythology or Rise of Nations (Titans or Thrones).

I like both of the games, but which expansion pack has the most options, better gameplay, greater graphics etc.?

And which expansion pack do you prefer (and of course, why)?

Hope you guys could help me out on this tough choice!

I think The Titans has less content (hey, AOM a smaller game full stop) but is more refined and you'll need it for most of the incredible SP campaigns going around. Thrones is bigger IMO more a sort of 'more units means more sales' thing. I've played neither, so I can't comment on very much else. ;)

Well, after playing Thrones & Patriots, I can safely say you will be pleased buying that, especially if you liked the original RoN. The new Conquer the World campaigns rock big time and, personally, RoN overall is just a fantastic game. I can't wait until finals are over so I can really dig deep into T&P.

I haven't played Titans yet, but I'm thinking of picking that up as well because AoM really intrigued me.

I'd go with The Titans, myself...

Have you played RoN Thrones & Patriots already? And what are the main differences between that game and AoM The Titans?

Any help would be appreciated :yes: , since me is having a tough choice in choosing between these 2 expansion packs (and both is - financially - not an option, because I already have other expenditures on my list ;) )

I must say that RON T&P is excellent. It has TONs of new content that add a new element to your overall strategy. I don't know if that can be said so much for Titans. T&P adds units and buildings that are very very well balanced, yet change the game to something much better than before. I am still digging into it myself, and everytime I play I find something new and cool!

On top of that, I agree, the new conquer the world maps are just incredible. I am loving the cold war and just cannot tell you how much fun it is to have all the high tensions of being nuked by the russians at any time...

There is more here than meets the eye!

I played both, and honestly, I didn't see much difference in Thornes and Patriots, however there is more scenerios and such, but other than that, it seemed the same to me. I personally like RoN. but for your money your better off getting The Titans :)

I played both, and honestly, I didn't see much difference in Thornes and Patriots, however there is more scenerios and such, but other than that, it seemed the same to me. I personally like RoN. but for your money your better off getting The Titans :)

This is a scary thought... I just don't agree at all. :no:

One of my roommates purchased it yesterday and it looks awesome. I think he was up till 3:00AM this morning playing Conquer the World mode. All I have to say is that the new civilizations are reasons enough to get this instead of Titans.

Given the mixed reactions on this thread, I added a little poll to it, to get a better view of the neowinians' view on those games :D

Have you played RoN Thrones & Patriots already? And what are the main differences between that game and AoM The Titans?

Any help would be appreciated :yes: , since me is having a tough choice in choosing between these 2 expansion packs (and both is - financially - not an option, because I already have other expenditures on my list ;) )

Titans adds a whole nother side, whereas Thrones & Patriots adds 5 (I believe) that really aren't special, like the AOM sides are. Titans offers less base-building in its campaign and more strategy while Thrones and Patriots let you replay history.

Thrones and Patriots let you replay history.

Because we all know the Romans civilizaiton has made it to the information age and has the ability to fire nukes and cruise missiles... :rolleyes:

Thrones and Patriots let you replay history.

Thrones and Patriots let you rewrite history.

Well, I prefer RoN (only up to the enlightment age - after that the play is way too fast and arcadey). I haven't tried of AoM - Titans (liked the first one though) and I might get that soon. Both are good strat games though.

One word of warning- RoN network code sucks. It goes out of sync, lags hard and drops players (even though they are still there) all the time. AoM is def. better in that respect.