Help EmuZombie find a new mobile phone.

Alright, I'm in the market for a new phone. However I have certain restrictions that make it harder to find one at a good price.

1. Can not be locked to a specific company

2. Must be GSM and use a SIM card

3. Price $200usd and under with no stupid rebates.

4. High resolution color screen good for internet use.

Let the suggestions begin.

Scrap the requirement about the network/company lock. Get a good phone on a crappy cheap provider, then unlock the phone and use another sim.

This is a good place for Nokia stuff... don't know if it's illegal, or just against warranty.

http://nokiafree.org/forums

It contains info for almost every phone, provides a calculator to generate unlock codes, and provides cool mods

well i have a motorola V600 now provided by AT&T...i REALLY like the phone, though their current pricing is $300. i got mine for $150 though, it's possible that you might be able to talk them down. and yeah, pretty much all phones are locked.

though i do hear that cingular sells their world phones (like v600) unlocked. they have the v600 for $200 less $50 mail in rebate right now. so you might want to check them out...

it's a great phone though, high resolution beautiful color screen.

http://ike.bz/myv600

Here is the details to my latest phone with Bell;

Kyocera SLIDER 1x Dual-Band phone!

Sliding screen

This high-style cell phone includes a sliding colour screen, a 2.5 mm headset jack and two-way speakerphone.

Ringtones: 32 polyphonic and regular ringtones

Mode: Dual-Band 1x CDMA (1.9 CDMA & 800 CDMA)

Display: 65,000 colour, 5-line

Phone Book: 200 contacts

Languages: English & French

Specific Benefits:

* Wireless Web and text messaging-Stay in touch!

* GPS-compatible-Ideal for travel

* Speakerphone, voice-activated dialing and answer-Hands-free in the car

* Downloadable ringtones and screensavers-Personalize!

* Voice memo-Record notes to yourself

* Predictive text-input-The phone completes words for you

post-55-1084027060.jpg

If you go with a SonyEricsson, go with the T630 / Z600 instead of the T610; both are better... but I'd personally go with a P800 / P900 but I don't think you want to spend that much..

Wave,May 9 2004, 00:37] Kyocera SLIDER 1x Dual-Band phone!

I don't quite like that phone. I've got one. But that's just my opinion.

so, have you found a phone yet ? If not, the Sony Ericsson t610 is a good phone .. and also the Samsung E715
Yep, I've got the E715, it's a great phone, I recommend it, although I'm not sure if it's locked to T-Mobile (mine was unlocked when purchased).
If you go with a SonyEricsson, go with the T630 / Z600 instead of the T610; both are better... but I'd personally go with a P800 / P900 but I don't think you want to spend that much..

Z600 isn't all that great. Probably the best feature about SE phones are themes. P900 is crazy, but wayy beyond most peoples budget. Wait for newer phones to come out by SE, Samsung and Nokia, they're insane! LOL

But overall, I think whats best for browsing and WAP related things are Nokias, if only they had a bigger and clearer screen. Some of the new ones that have just released have improved screens and such, I just don't know the USD prices.

sony ericsson = ****ty display and menu handling. my samsung does 65.000 colors and has a camera with 3x zoom. comes with a 9mb hd aswell. and only cost me $50.

it's a samsung e700 btw.