Neowin Mail Service Review

No offense.. I LOVE Neowin, but $ for E-mail, I don't think so. To pay for E-mail in his day in age seems, ludicrous. If you have Internet (as anyone does viewing this post), you get a free or multiple free E-mail accounts with the service. If you want another E-mail(s), there are PLENTY of domains to get FREE E-mail through. True, alot of the interfaces aren't that great, but when your using an extra E-mail for whatever reason it may be... who cares what the interface looks like...

Question - If I sign up, will it be KICK_XP@neowinmail.com because I would like just kick or something :unsure:

Nice review (Y)

yep

it won't let me log in

check out subscription forum for help

If Neowin.net is down, is our email down as well?????

the email is on a seperate server, so no its not affected by the main (site) server being down

Is that Yep to KICK_XP or yep to custom name?

thats yep you can choose any name you like

The only advantage I see that this has over say Hotmail or Yahoo is the POP3 access. However, http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_pop.htm, has a list of a bunch of free POP3 access email services. Using the neowin service and putting out a few bucks a year is a great way to show your support for neowin, both through the cash support and by having the name in your email address. But as a service itself, it is not the best deal.

thats yep you can choose any name you like

Cool (Y)

Okay, signed up, when should I expect details on stuff etc, so annoying with paypal wont let me change e-mail address I dont use @swordmail.com anymore so if possible send to this profile one :unsure:

Cool (Y)

Okay, signed up, when should I expect details on stuff etc, so annoying with paypal wont let me change e-mail address I dont use @swordmail.com anymore so if possible send to this profile one :unsure:

give me a shout via pm/msn and i'll sort it all out for ya

Damn, wish it had IMAP.

er it does:

Server Information

Use IMAP folder subscriptions? Y/N

^ Good question

guys @neowin isn't an option for member email

but neowinmail.com, neowinmail.net, neowinian.net, myneowin.net, neowinemail.net domains can be used

Oh sorry about that. I didn't think. Neowinmail.com or whatever is better than @hotmail.com!

ok i've now joined the neowinmail, paid my money, and it is subscribed in the control panel. but how do i get into it ???

i can't log in on neowinmail.net because it keeps coming up with username and password failure. ??

So how do i get in and setup my neowinmail email ??

I must be missing something somewhere.

Thanks.....