A Few Site Questions...

heh, hello :) Neowin is a product as yet unfinished (we started in Oct 2000) Tingle came along and has done a wonderful job in re-writing Neowin. However we are far from finished IMHO as the script is still being written, then the script needs to be packaged in such a way that it can be installed anywhere with default themes (customizable) It will cost something but its guesswork at the moment (the cost) as it requires a Vbulletin back-end (which is not free)

Neowin is a popular design, so we are trying hard to make it duplicatable for Webmasters like (easy-to-install) PHPNuke, but then HIGHLY customizeable so it can look different to our site (if you understand what I mean)

Tingle as I understand it will make a standalone site with the script, with demo, feature listings and help files when we are finished with it. but that will take time. I can promise you, you guys will be the first to know it ;)

Lets be sure that what we release is GOOD and not half baked, right now it is so intergrated with the site, we need at some point to test it on a "clean" server.

That will be great. Shame it has to be paid for but I more than understand the reasons for that!

I think anyone who has already bought vBulletin though would probably be willing to pay for the Neowin 'add-on'.

Everything is free if you count illegal versions. vBulletin does normally have to be paid for though.

Except the Lite version which is almost useless (doesn't even have user accounts!).