NBA rigged?

Anyone else think the NBA is like wrestling and has pre-determined winners? Either that or the NBA elite dictate how the referees call the games?

I swear, every time the Lakers get down in a series, it seems they start to get fouls called their way or some other insane referee actions.

I've thought this ever since MJ won his 2nd title. I'm the biggest MJ fan in the world, but I know the refs gave him calls.

I don't know, the NBA sucks now. I find it hilarious that for 2 games the Lakers can just sit back and relax and not give a damn, then all of a sudden they look like champion contenders. Seems fishy to me...

yup, i have those same feelings.. sometimes i wish i was there at the game and shoot those damn refs.

they were talking about it a couple of weeks ago on ESPN about getting 5 refs instead of 3 that they have now.

i thought this more than ever during last years Lakers/T'wolves series.. They called 2 fouls where the minnesota defender wasnt within 3 feet of the Laker.. its really disguisting to watch

i thought this more than ever during last years Lakers/T'wolves series.. They called 2 fouls where the minnesota defender wasnt within 3 feet of the Laker.. its really disguisting to watch

Yeah, those were horrible calls. I think one of them involved Trenton Hassel on Kobe...and it was in LA (there's a shock).

There was a call in today's Spurs-Lakers game where Gary Payton and Tim Duncan and Robert Horry hit the floor for a loose ball. The ref said the Lakers called timeout (I guess Malone signaled for it) but Payton clearly didn't have sole posession of it. It seems like the rules constantly change and they never announce it.

For example, did anyone see Gary Payton jump in the air to pass, came down on his left foot then passed it to Shaq? Funny, in the rules of basketball that's travelling. :huh:

Oh well.

Uh, no. The NBA is not rigged. Geez... It is merely filled with thugs and gang-bangers that grew up having drug filled lives in split homes, not knowing how to speak properly, probably can't even spell who play basketball because it is all they are good at - maiking millions of dollars a year to further their drug and sex habits (i.e. Kobe). There is no love of the game. There is no pure talent anymore. It is only street ballin thugs having another day with "the crew".

Well, maybe it is rigged. :D

haha, yes, i love nba bashing. :) the only playoffs that matter in the spring is the nhl. a trophy that means something. a trophy that takes heart to win. i'm sick of the nba, esp the lakers/spurs. it's just a blowout for the home team. and yeah, refs don't make it any better. you see refs call fouls before they happen, don't call fouls when there should be, just very inconsistent reffing makes everything look even worse. and damn, like the pistons/nets game 1, teams are shooting like 20% from the floor, when i watch pros, i expect them to pretty much make almost every open shot. they are pros, and thats what they get paid to do...but damn, has there been some ugly shooting. go hockey :)

Uh, no. The NBA is not rigged. Geez... It is merely filled with thugs and gang-bangers that grew up having drug filled lives in split homes, not knowing how to speak properly, probably can't even spell who play basketball because it is all they are good at - maiking millions of dollars a year to further their drug and sex habits (i.e. Kobe). There is no love of the game. There is no pure talent anymore. It is only street ballin thugs having another day with "the crew".

Well, maybe it is rigged. :D

you talk like every player is a "thug"

what about those who came out of big universities with 4.0 GPAs and what about those years when Magic Johnson was playing, have you read his autobiography??? i don't think so.

yes there are some, which profession doesn't have those kind of people, in all professions, not just basketball, but in all sports even in softball :o :rolleyes:

yes there are some, which profession doesn't have those kind of people, in all professions, not just basketball, but in all sports even in softball :o :rolleyes:

Oh, those underhanded softball players!!! Or is it slow-pitch?

is softball even a competetive sport anymore? lol

nba + rigged = probably

BOOGMASTERDAN, what the hell? do you even know what a "thug" and/or "gangbanger" is? and the kobe remark, innocent until proven guilty, and we all know hes innocent dont we :s

if u guys would watch, im sure ud see plenty of other "good" teams gettin calls, but since everyone is so focused on the lakers gettin those special calls, theres never any attention to other teams, i am a lakers fan and have watched every game for the last 2 season, havent missed a single one, and i dont see any special treatment, all good players get better treatment, the lakers just have more talent :)

what calls did the lakers get in game 3 or 4 that won the game for them?

if its so rigged, why did they lose last yr?

I siad before in another NBA thread, the NBA has the worst referees compare to other major sports. They really should do something about it next season. One or two additional refs per game will help. Even better is the ability of coach to challenge a call like in the NFL. The game is not rigged. Any news reporter trying to make a name for himself would stir up contraversy if it is rigged. I meant a college player taking a few thousands dollar on the side are constantly busted, never mind the millions of dollars it takes to rig an NBA game, its not possible to conseal something like that.

As for Lakers, no they don't get treated any better than any other teams from the refs. If anything, the Spurs get away with a lot. Why? Because they are a group of nice guys, all of them, none of them ever really complain to the refs. So the ref gives them more breaks especially on the defensive end. As for other teams, inclucing the Lakers, players constantly crying, arguing, and complaining about fouls and get hits with the big T's. Ref hates those guys and are less likely to let them get away with anything.

yeah, i remember a couple of a games this playoffs, one ref was hurt, so they only had 2 for the game. no backups?? wtf...

no way in hell is it rigged...

do refs show favoritism to teams especially when they are home? yeah i think that can easily be said and agreed... but rigged? nah not even close

i have no doubt in my mind that the nba is fixed..how bad? that i don't know..but for sure, most, if not all games are fixed...point shaving, bad calls, what have you...there's big money in professional sports betting, especially in the nba...just research on sports betting, particulalry the nba..it will open your eyes up

yeah, and i bet there are instances in all major sports, proffessional and not, because too much money changes hands for people to not try and skew the scores...