3DFX Voodoo Drivers in Windows XP

PabUK

I am sick of not having access to OpenGL or Glide in my Windows XP with my Voodoo 3 3500. The built in drivers are great for 2D and OK for DirectX but there is no OpenGL or Glide driver.

So my question is has anyone with a Voodoo 3/4/5 card and Windows XP managed to install and succesfully use any proper Voodoo drivers, for instance the last one released for Windows 2000 before 3DFX went bye-byes?

I would really like to hear your experiences before trying myself because last time I did something like this I had to reinstall XP.

PabUK

Wow Maximus thanks for that link, it looks good.

I am still nervous of trying it though! Have you used them yourself?

(MC)RaGe

Maximus, you my friend, are a savior. I can finally install XP on all my machines..! (2 of my systems use Voodoo 3 3000's for videocards..)

PabUK

I have them installed now and I guess they are working!

I have only tried OpenGL so far though as far as gaming is concerned, and it has a strange dithered pattern.

Bain

Alright, so wut is this anyway?? Still no Voodoo 4 4500 Windows XP Drivers? I've looked all over the place since Windows XP was in RC stage and have yet to find any, arghh!

If anyone knows where to find a set please post back!

Thanks,

Bain

PabUK

Calm down Bain, these drivers are just a set put together by a Voodoo 3 user, they are nothing to do with 3DFX or anything. Don't expect any Voodoo 4/5 drivers unless someone does a similar thing with those.

Sub

hmm, I had no clue this post was here..hehe

MytMowse

I found some 3dfx drivers that uses some modified drivers and has the tools but when I used it, the toolz didn't work.

PabUK

I downloaded those as well and the tools seemed to work fine. Not much use when the OpenGL is screwy still though.

Solidus

The drivers you posted.. work great.. the ones made by evil.. but at the expense of visualreality.. i can play direct 3d and glide.. now.. but visual reality doesnt work .. every time i click on tv.. it says.. tv drivers need to be installed... aggggggh!! whyyyyyy!!!!!if anybody knows a way to install those tv drivers.. without havin to replace the drivers that are working good... please post it.. it would help a lot to the people that own a voodoo 3500TV.. thank you