SmartShader!

I was messing around with the setting for my Radeon 9800 Pro and I found SmartShader! And OMG it's so cool :D . Basically you can turn on many special effects modes which effect the way games looks, or

SMARTSHADER Effects is a simple framework for adding post-processing shader effects to 3D games and applications using ATI graphics cards. -Maurice Ribble and Roger Descheneaux

I can't believe I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere before. For those who don't know here are some sshots taken ingame, Unreal Tournament, using various effects. These aren't photoshopped and run just as good as normal.

Classic:

sclassic.jpg

Inverted:

sinverse.jpg

Porthole:

sporthole.jpg

Sketch (My Fave):

ssketch.jpg ssketch2.jpg ssketch3.jpg

ASCII White or Green:

sASCII.jpg

If you don't believe the ACSII one, here's a small vid, compression makes it less cool than it acctually is :p

UT ASCII Vid 1.1MB

And here are some other games:

sHL-sketch.jpg

scstrike.jpg

Give it a try if you've got an ATI card that supports it, tis hella fun.

I think FarCry has this option built into the Video Options menu. On a Radeon 9800XT it had render mode like them and when i tested it on a GeForceFX there was no option for Render Mode

Driverheaven.net had some ATI program on there that allowed people to make their own smartshaders (openGL games only last I checked). They had a contest and the entries were all pretty sweet. I'll have to grab the link.

I think FarCry has this option built into the Video Options menu. On a Radeon 9800XT it had render mode like them and when i tested it on a GeForceFX there was no option for Render Mode

There's a bug in Far Cry where it sometimes fails to detect the compatibility of these modes on NVIDIA cards.

There's a console command to change the rendermodes, though. I was forced to use this on my GF4 TI.

"\r_rendermode #"

#=

0 normal

1 improved

2 paradise

3 cold

4 cartoon

I might have the wrong "\" on that...if it don't work, try "/"

Chode...

It's \ for commands in farcry..

like \save_game

thanks for the info, I wondered what render mode was in the options (that i can't select on my 5200)

were exactly is this i got readon 9600 pro and cant find

With the latest detinators it is in 3D > OpenGl > Custom > SMARTSHADER Effects.

There some similar ones for D3D but the 2 coolest, ASCII and Sketch are OpenGl only.

With the latest detinators it is in 3D > OpenGl > Custom > SMARTSHADER Effects.

There some similar ones for D3D but the 2 coolest, ASCII and Sketch are OpenGl only.

detinators? wuts that?