hdd or burner?

What should i get??

Ive got $200 australian to save for a 60 gig hdd or buy a burner

Ive alredy got a 40 gig hdd and a relly slow external burner that i cant be stuffed using

if so wat ones???

So what should i get???

ps. i love file sharing :D

thanks for you replies

Get the Burner. If you love file sharing, as do I, keep a list of your files in share and offer to make them available upon request. Then you are essentially sharing your entire cd collection as well. hehe .. sharing is coooool. :p

i'd get a burner anyday over another HD. I got a 40GB right now and no burner. I wanna get another 40GB ata-100 7200 RPM drive to do RAID-0 but i'd get the burner so fast! The burner has more advantages and since a burner has unlimted storage (technically) the HD would fill soon and you'd be back to square one so get the burner!

I would say it depends. Are you a collector? I am guessing probably not, or else you would've bought a new burner long ago. If you occasionally get ISO's, etc etc, I would recommend you to get a new HDD. For the other type: people that has great bandwith and download like mad. Personally I average 50CD's a week, so obviously I bought a fast burner.

Ahh, what the hell, get a new burner :p

Originally posted by nomis_nehc

I believe I saw 40x write for the Plex at newegg for under $200. $160 I think...

good luck finding a cd that will burn that fast at a cheap price...

i picked up a spindle that said would burn at 24x but only went to 12x on my 16x burner.. but then again, i bought a spindle that said 12x on it, but went perfectly at 16x.

Originally posted by nomis_nehc

I believe I saw 40x write for the Plex at newegg for under $200. $160 I think...

Carefull: compact disc spontaniously combust at speeds greater than 40x.

:cheeky: Anyone got the link to that story? Was here on neowin a few weeks back.

I got two 60gig HDs, one 40gig HD and one 15gig HD and a 24x writer so i would probs spend it on booze or on a new 40x writer mebbe :D

Burner would own. Plus how much hds will you keep getting. In the long run the burners the best bet. I recently got a plex 24 x and it owns ;)

I have a Yamaha 3200EZ that hasn't given me any problems. I've seen it in a Circuit City or Best Buy add for $150. I'm sure it could be gotten for less online somewhere. I bought it for $200 - $40 in rebates 3 months ago... it's cheaper now:( It says it is closeout in the add. Does anyone know if Yamaha is coming out with a 32X already? When I bought the 24X it was almost brand new to the market, although a little late compared to everyone else. Also, I read somewhere that the 3200 controller is capable of 32X speed with only bios updates. Anyone know if that is true or if Yamaha plans on doing that?

Anyway, I like my Yamaha, really good quality.

ok i live ion australia 2, u said $200aus for a plextor burner?

ARE U CRAZY?

A 32X12X8 PLEXTOR IS $800

also, dont get a Sony, you cant burn sony music with them

Originally posted by AdamXP

ok i live ion australia 2, u said $200aus for a plextor burner?

ARE U CRAZY?

A 32X12X8 PLEXTOR IS $800

also, dont get a Sony, you cant burn sony music with them

lol i dotn think soo,

YOu can get dvd burners for that price

im from aus too, and yeah hes right a dvd burner costs $800 but theres no way your picking up a plextor burner for $200 there a bit dearer then that

But in relation to your queury even those youve got enough opnions I was recently in your situation I had a 40G HDD well 50 coz I had a 10 er attached on the second IDE anyway, I brought a new HDD instead of Burner. Big Mistake. If I could go bacxk id take the burner anyday. So many more things you can do with a burner.