Vice City Poor Textures

My fiance has the following PC Specification;

Intel Pentium 4 2.40b @ Stock (Yes i know this processor has a 133MHz FSB and it has 200MHz RAM)

Kingston 1GB (2x512MB) DDR400 Dual Chanelled 2-2-2-6 Timings

80Gb Seagate Barracuda

HiS Excalibur Radeon 9600XT Turbo 128MB (Catalyst 4.4)

Now When she plays (And me) Vice city we get these really annoying visual corruptions where the texture details just drops and it leaves really poor graphics (As the image shows) The texture details comes back after 5-20 seconds but becomes really annoying.

Do any of you know why this happens? (Mine doesnt do it (And i had the 9600XT and the same RAM - recently upgraded)

Im guessing its the processor?

If you had another screenshot showing how the textures should look would help out, because i don't think there's much wrong with the image. But from what it sounds like, its most likely the video card. Way overclocked video cards or if they are poorly made can corrupt the textures from time to time. But I'm no expert.

If you had another screenshot showing how the textures should look would help out, because i don't think there's much wrong with the image.  But from what it sounds like, its most likely the video card.  Way overclocked video cards or if they are poorly made can corrupt the textures from time to time.  But I'm no expert.

Notice the road is just gray instead of having road lines, etc.

I have a P4 2.4b and it works fine in VC for me, Try reducing the draw distance or closing unnecessary applications before you start up vice city.

btw how did you get 200 health?

Ive just another screen shot how its suppose to look.

Its NOT the video card, it worked fine in my system and never happened. The only has Over Drive Enabled.

200 Health, Becuase i completed the game and did the vigilante missions. (She has my game saves)

I'll try reducing the draw distance.

ummm she has the no cd patch ( i do own the game its just annoying when it reads from the cd and makes loads of noise )

I dont think its that becuase i have it also and mine doesnt do it

Have you patched to 1.1 ? If you are having texture problems try updating.

200 Health, Becuase i completed the game and did the vigilante missions. (She has my game saves)

I'll try reducing the draw distance.

ummm she has the no cd patch ( i do own the game its just annoying when it reads from the cd and makes loads of noise )

I dont think its that becuase i have it also and mine doesnt do it

do not reduce the draw distance.. just put it at max :o

i had the same problems on my 9600 Pro. guaranteed texture corruptions and artifacts after a few minutes playing. friend plays it on his FX5600 with no problems.

we both patch the games with no-CD cracks, and we both haven't patched it.

used an endless amount of drivers too.

Sorry, went out. Ill try reducing the Draw Distance.

Where do you get this Patch from.. and what NO CD are using (Shouldnt be Warez becuase i own the CD, just hate the bloody cd noise all the time)

I tried No AA & AF with lowest (All way to left) draw distance, did it. even worse and quicker.

And on max graphics MAX AA & AF with draw all way to the right it does it.. but not as much... i DO think its the CPU...

That's not a problem with your card, i have it to, it happens when you switch from low-quality textures to high-quality, it's just lagging though cause you normally dont see it.

its todo with the way the game draws the screen, it can't render everything on the whole map at once else it would eat up your CPU/GPU so it renders small parts of the map at a time like a 1024x1024 block, there seems to be a bug where sometimes it doesn't render the block your looking at and thus you see really low quality textures because it hasn't rendered them yet and hence why if you stand around it will render them before your very eyes :)

happens on the PS2 aswell as PC (although seems to happen more on the PC)