Fonts...

Okay so evrything is working fine under Linux..ecept one thing..fonts..some sites display just fine others too small..others too big..so my question is..where can I get windows fonts? I had a minor setback with the windows partition so I deleted it, but i need the fonts..Any of you kind enough to tell me where I can get the default windows fonts? Cuz i dotn want to have to go through my cds to find them..its gonna be a pain...oh well thanks in advanced..

To use windows (True Type Fonts) you need a true type font server. i'm using Xfstt 1.1, X font server for TT fonts. if your using a linux distro that uses rpms you can find the xfstt rpm here ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/contrib/libc6/i38...-1.1-2.i386.rpm more info on xfstt can be found here http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue28/ayers1.html after you get this up and running you can download TT fonts on the internet. hope i've helped ya.

Thanks sooo much! Im gonna try the font srver, and sry it took me a while to respond, but school has overloaded me bleh :dead: BTW im using mozilla 0.9.8 nad the latest stable version of galeon..

Ok the TT fonts will help a bit but the display's still ugly in X windows. There was a post on Slashdot this week and someone hacked the X font server to make it look pretty. I'm not using X Windows right now, so I haven't tried it yet but there's some screen shots on the sight. Check them out and follow the instructions.

http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~dchest/xfthack/

Judging by the screen shots, its the best font rendering in X I've seen yet. The tt fonts were an improvement (which I have tested) but this is MUCH better almost as good as Windows now.

Let me know how well it works.

DrunkenMaster