Check out Notepad2 !

Question

Hi Guys,

I just come across this editor called Notepad2, its an excellent editor with many features including syntax highlighting, some of you may already know of it but I just thought I'd mention it because its a really nice program and it looks good too.

I don't like wysiwyg builders I'm a notepad coding type of guy and for some time now I have been looking for a small editor like Notepad with just a few extra features for my PHP coding and I think I may have found it with Notepad2.

Check it out and let me know what you think ?

Link : Notepad2

Kind Regards

All the editors posted are freeware, except yours :p

editplus looks way too crowded.

Ya thats true, but its worth it.

How do you change the default tab index from 4 to 8?

i think its funny that someone can spend a bunch of time programming a text editing application - but dont spend any time making it look pretty, have a decent icon, or have it blend better into Windows by have proper case and a capitalized name.

i'm sure all those apps work great (and i used Metapad in Win9x a lot since its Notepad.exe is very weak, but only after using Resource Hacker to change the spelling and case of some words inside the program). but i would chose the Notepad2 program because it looks like it was made by someone who cares what his program looks like.

i still see some programs written for current Windows OSes like 2k and XP, yet they still look 16-bit, with flat windows, 16 color icons, and basically "no polish." having your program look professional can go a long way in making it more popular and fun to use.

Oh, it's good. I replaced my regular notepad with it.

howwW?!?! when i try windows just keeps creating new notepad.exe's its quite annoying actually :angry: