[NFL] Ricky Williams faces a $650,000 fine?

Though, Williams denies this is an issue..

"There is no story here," he told the Post. "I was in New York a few weeks ago and I did visit the league headquarters. I guess that's how rumors get started. But I was just visiting friends in the city and I just decided to go in. I will be at training camp on Tuesday."
According to the report, the Post saw NFL documents that showed Williams' attorney, Gary Ostrow, had filed arguments with the league over the fairness of its drug testing policy. Williams reportedly scored a 15 on the league's testing scale -- the lowest score that would register as a positive test result and one that, according to the report, is consistent with occasional marijuana use. A second sample taken later on Dec. 10 scored a 14 -- a level that would not have warranted league action without an initial positive result, according to the Post.

I don't know who to believe lol.. guess we'll find out in May, according to the Post, when the NFL is expected to make a decision on Williams' appeal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1802049

• 3 weeks later...

Im sick of professional athletes thinking they have more rights than us norms.

You commit the crime, you pay the fine.

Pay up Ricky, pay up.

Pay up Ricky, pay up.

Ditto. :yes:

Ricky's been token up! :ninja:

LOL intoomuch hit it on the head.

Ricky as a pro football player is simply not great. Dolphins put too much money and time into him. Great if he rushes for 300 yards a game, but with 40 some carries and the time associated with that.

He is not as good as people made him out to be. He's just a substance abuser.

Pay up Ricky, pay up.

You do realize that if you get busted your fine is significantly less than his is? Maybe you'd get fired from you job and he won't, but dayem! That's a lot of dinero.

EDIT: I also must admit that I take full blame for Ricky's bad season last year as I picked him as my #1 back in fantasy league. Also take blame for Keshawn getting fired, Alstott getting hurt, and Bledsoe sucking ass. Year before I killed Curtis Martin and Vinny Testes-Verde on the Jets. My bad.