Altec Lansing 251 5.1 Speakers

Link to the Altec Site

251_220g.gif

Altec Lansing 251 5.1 Speaker Review

Features

- 60 Watts Total Continuous Power RMS (2x6.5 W/Front; 2x7.2 W/Rear; 7.6 W/Center; 25 W/Sub)

- 90 Watts Total Peak Power

- Deep-Bass, Compact Subwoofer

- 6-Speaker Surround

- Performance Drivers

- Built-In Controls

- Headphone Jack

- Distinctive, All-Decor Styling

- Total Connectivity

- Dual Mode Selector

- Color-Coded Cables

- Shielded Satellites

Sound Quality

These speakers arent the best speakers if you want great bass, or to crank the speakers. there is alot of distrtion if you turn it up real loud, or if you have the windows volume level up past 75%.

Bass Levels

In my personal experiance, the bass isnt that good. The fact that i have heard bass from Klipsch speakers, i might be a little biased. And sometimes, if i was to, i will turn the bass up and make the dishes upsairs rattle. its actually pretty good bass.

Pro's and Con's

Pro's

- pretty decent bass.

- Great sound quality at the lower levels

- decent sized stuff, not too big, not too small

- great for my CRT

- cheap

Cons

- Distortion at higher levels

- poor bass comapred to higher end speakers

- no adapter for LCD users

Conclusion

All in all, these are pretty decent speakers for the average person. These are NOT for people that want great sounding quality and great bass, even at higher levels. look at higher end models for those. but all in all, I think these are pretty good for the average person.

hmm , i got an altec lansin & also jbl pro , both are shipped with compaq presarios in my country , but the jbl pro's beat em hands down , still a good review .

Also had a pair of some older 2.1's, sadly I must say minus the massive (not needed) base and a little on clarity, they were quite comparable to klipsch 2.1's