And people complained about the V5's being to big

Here's the dreaded pictures taken of the Visiontek TI-4600 that wouldn't go in the Epox 8KHA+ board. It damaged a capacitor on the G4 making it non-functional.

gef4_8kha1.jpg

1.jpg

Then my question is why is the Epox board the only one that the card won't work with ? The other three Socket-A boards I've tried it with all clear except the Epoxs. I could be wrong, but these caps look to be a little over .6 inches high.

epoxcaps.jpg

According to the AGP 2.0 spec the maximum component height for approx. 1 inch behind the AGP slot is 0.200 inch. The maximum component height from 1 inch in front of the AGP slot to the front of the motherboard is 0.600 inch. Because of tolerances of the AGP slot and the AGP connector card the bottom of a card in spec is approx 0.62 inch above the motherboard. So there should always be a gap between the motherboard components and the bottom of an AGP card. According to the link above this capacitor is 0.75-0.80 inch tall, which puts it well out of specs for an AGP 2.0 slot on an ATX motherboard. So Epox is to blame for this problem because they have producted a motherboard with two capacitors which are out of spec height-wise.

The only spec which may be out on the video card itself is the maximum component height on the video card PCB. According to AGP 2.0 specs the maximum height such be 0.570 inch. Even if this was out of spec (it looks to be in spec) it would only interfer with the PCI card in slot 1 and in this case only affect 64 bit extra long length PCI cards.

From: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=...threadid=343485