Installing OS X (10.2) on a PC

thats weird, you sure you put the partitions in right order?

#:type name lenght( size )

1:Apple_partition_map Apple63 @ 1

2:Apple_HFS Apple_HFS_Untitled_2 602870 @ 262208 (2.9G)

3:Apple_Freebsp0+@ 64

4:Apple_Free0 +@ 6 290912

after this try to deslect you cd-rom before you boot!

i don't have

#:type name lenght( size )

1:Apple_partition_map Apple63 @ 1

2:Apple_HFS Apple_HFS_Untitled_2 602870 @ 262208 (2.9G)

3:Apple_Freebsp0+@ 64

4:Apple_Free0 +@ 6 290912

in my configfile. where do i need to put it?

post-107-1085133617.jpg

ohh, insanekiwi :punch: you do that by following THIS guide, you have to boot in a different modus, then change the order of the partitions, just follow the guide and you'll get it ;)

ohh, insanekiwi :punch: you do that by following THIS guide, you have to boot in a different modus, then change the order of the partitions, just follow the guide and you'll get it ;)

#prom_env_bootargs = ""

#prom_env_machargs = "-s"

prom_env_machargs = ""

pci_ide0_slave_installed = 1

pci_ide0_slave_image = "E:\temp\pearpc\iso\OSX_CD1.iso"

#pci_ide0_slave_image = "/dev/cdrom"

pci_ide0_slave_type = "cdrom"

thats from my config. i set it up like this. still....no bootable partition and no command line prompt will appears.

try this :

#prom_env_bootargs = ""

#prom_env_machargs = "-v"

prom_env_machargs = "-s"

pci_ide0_slave_installed = 0

try this :

#prom_env_bootargs = ""

#prom_env_machargs = "-v"

prom_env_machargs = "-s"

pci_ide0_slave_installed = 0

same error/picture as i posted above.

0 bootable partiton(s) found.

EDIT: now even my "change cd" button disappeared. argh. i also took a premade config and just changed the path to the dmg and the iso. still nto working.....grrrrrrr :angry:

Edited by insanekiwi

do i need to download any OSX_CD1.iso or something? i already have HD-OS-X-Panther-PREP_bootable.img.

i just mounted the .img with daemon tools, selected the drive on isobuster, extract image > extract raw, save it, but it says "Cannot open AVI"

help please.

Edited by pander

same problem here insanekiwi :(

Getting the same problem, too. I get an error message saying that it cannot find a bootable parition.

Also, the rar file for the BIN2ISO is corrupted. Does anybody else have the .rar?

Getting the same problem, too. I get an error message saying that it cannot find a bootable parition.

Also, the rar file for the BIN2ISO is corrupted. Does anybody else have the .rar?

its not corrupt ..I just tried it ,, and for that booting error ..did you read the updated guide ?

its not corrupt ..I just tried it ,, and for that booting error ..did you read the updated guide ?

The booting error is only for after you've installed the OS. I can't even get it to install yet.

No one found what was wrong with the destination thing there? I just don't get it... Why isn't it working? My config seems okay.

you don't need to extract raw, etc if the file is already in iso form. and you're supposed to have everything under the correct dirs as he shows (C:\pearpc\). you can change directories in the ppccfg_HD file you download from his site. I'm referring to the site first listed in this thread btw :p

If Apple would just plain release OSX for the x86 system, like Linux. You can buy or download x86, or Power PC versions of Linux, there would be no need for a guide to get OSX running on a x86 system. Maybe they will get the hint now!!.

If Apple would just plain release OSX for the x86 system, like Linux. You can buy or download x86, or Power PC versions of Linux, there would be no need for a guide to get OSX running on a x86 system. Maybe they will get the hint now!!.

What hint would they get? No one sane is going to use PearPC as a solid solution...atleast not for a while.

Very nice! I was told this wasnt possible. But i have a few questions.

First, would all my windows hardware be compliant with Mac OS?

Second, would it be possible to run Windows XP as well as Mac OSX on an ntsc hd?

apple will be out of business so fast if they released the mac os for x86. their OS is basically what's selling their hardware for so much money, so if they made their OS compatable with x86, their hardware would be useless, not making them any money, therefore losing a load of business.