New Audigy Problem

I got the installation cd but it crashes the computer durring installation everytime even tried just to use the upgrades but the same thing happens the installer crashes right after setup sets it self up

First of all, what OS are you using? When does the error exactly happen? Is it when the installation program is just about to end? Or has it ended already? Usually, if the installation has already ended and the program crash, the installation should be okay. Have you tried booting with nothing running in the background at startup? Holding shift while booting up should do the trick for most programs. Of course those that run from the registry are still going to start up. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to see any running tasks remaining. Make sure your system tray is clear of any running programs too. Then try the installation and see what you get. Even free space might be of concern too. The installation software might not detect that it needs a little bit more space at the end when it is finishing up.

I run an Audigy Gamer card on XP, and I recall having a similar error popup for me near the end, but a subsequent reinstall did the trick. Then again, I ran a custom install. Don't install anything you don't think you'll need. Just to get your system working with the card, just install the drivers. And if your system is XP, XP has native drivers that work with Audigy cards.

Sorry about that misinformation & thanks for pointing it out mtgriffith. I had thought that XP allowed the Audigy to be installed with what SB compatible drivers it had. I hadn't tested this myself though. :dead: again-my fault, sorry.

I guess I'm lucky, mine worked right away. I was upset that I had to install the drivers on the CDROM before I could install the drivers I downloaded. I have a few questions.

What mobo do you have?

What other PCI cards do you have?

What order are they in?

Have you read the manual that came with the mobo?

Are any of the PCI slots IRQ's shared with anything?

Do you have any IRQ conflicts?

BTW - I have Windows XP Pro and an Audigy Gamer. Windows does not have native support for the Audigy.

im running Windows XP Pro i just reinstalled it thats why im so ****ed to be quite honest im not sure what motherboard i have it was from my old hp 8766c and there are no irq conficts

it crashes just as the Installer sets up before it can install anything

no error just a reboot thats what i mean by crash

i have installed this card in this computer and it worked i just needed to reinstall the drivers after my reinstalling of xp