Fedore Core 2 and Nforce2

I'm using Fedora core 2 on a clients PC, and I have an Asus A7n8X deluxe with a 3000+ that is a development pc that I would like to put it on. I had allot of troubles with Linux and the Nforce2 chipset, so can someone tell me definitely if Fedora Core 2 (which looks great) works well with Nforce2 chipset and the two onboard NICs?

Thanks.

I don't have that motherboard to try loading FC2 on. A quick google shows mostly success with FC1. FC2 should be as good or better (I suspect). However, there are some scattered reports of problems. Seem to be random and spotty, so could be just individual user issues.

Truly, the best thing to do is to try to load it (if you have a junker hard drive to throw in there to test on, it will make this VERY painless). :yes:

Other than that, I hope someone else here has that motherboard, and has already installed FC2 on it (or will do a test install for you)....

I have a Fedora Core 2 system with an NForce2 mobo. It runs well. Fedora recognized all important aspects such as NIC, integrated sound, and integrated video.

In previous versions, the drivers for the NForce2 had to be built from a source RPM. Since Core 2 uses kernel 2.6, these drivers are no longer necessary.

There are problems with NVIDIA 3d drivers at the moment, but that should be resolved soon.