Really fast minimize animation speeds?

I don't know it for sure, but when I minimize my screens it goes way faster than normal. It's just like my system runs the animations 1.5x faster. Is this even possible and if it is, is there a way to restore the defaults?

Thanks

they're supposed to go really fast. you can press shift to slow them down and impress your friends ;)

I never knew that about the shift trick. Thanks. That's really neat.

shift makes alot of things go slow... from the top of my head;

- minimizing

- expose

- threads in mail

- finder (jagwire only)

- system preferences

- login window

its pretty cool so showoff with :)

:ninja: Which value exactly do you change? And in what way (to make the minimize/expose speeds faster)? :ninja:

:ninja: Which value exactly do you change? And in what way (to make the minimize/expose speeds faster)? :ninja:

There are some apps to do it, I think I did it with Oynx once.

what setting do you change to effect the speed? :s also what do you change to specify the defualt size of the icons (if possible) so I can have em 48px.

what setting do you change to effect the speed? :s also what do you change to specify the defualt size of the icons (if possible) so I can have em 48px.

Go to Show View Options in the View menu and select All Windows before changing anything and the changes you make will be effective system-wide.

Go to Show View Options in the View menu and select All Windows before changing anything and the changes you make will be effective system-wide.

noo for the dock :)

I read somewhere that if you Option-drag the dock separator, it will scale the dock icons at icons predifened sizes (128 by 128, 64 by 64 etc.). So you probably only need to click the Option (Alt) key while dragging the separator, and you can have them all at 48x48

I read somewhere that if you Option-drag the dock separator, it will scale the dock icons at icons predifened sizes (128 by 128, 64 by 64 etc.). So you probably only need to click the Option (Alt) key while dragging the separator, and you can have them all at 48x48

Thank you! Been wondering how to do that for years lol.

You're welcome :)

I'm wondering how many of those "simple-yet-unknown" tricks are out there, unbeknownst to us all...! :rolleyes: We should launch a new Neowin Mac-session, something like "Useful and devilish tips 'n' tricks"...