UT2004 Ports

I installed UT2004 on my computer that is connected by wireless and when I started it up, it was not able to contact the internet in anyway, such as through the server browser. All connections simply fail. Are there ports I need to open on my router? And how do I do this? Port forwarding? Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure your wireless was working at the time? Make sure there aren't any network options you need to setup in the game also, and port forwarding shouldn't be neccesary unless you're wanting something from the outside being able to connect to a specific machine inside your LAN, if nothin helps, hopefully someone else can help ya out, good luck =]

Yes, it was and is working fine. Right after I got out of the game, I was able to get on the internet and surf. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Also, my friend when he came over yesterday was not able to access the internet through my wireless network on his laptop, though he was connected to the network. If this tips anyone off to what may be a problem, please let me know. My router is a Linksys WRT54G.

And how does one open these ports if one cannot find the option(s) in their hardware firewall?

Mine works just fine, but a friend of mine has this problem of not being able to connect (patch & unpatched).

just so you know i see you posted this on the 22nd, and actually earlier on today when i tried to sign on the main servers were down completely, only way i could sign on was through my favorites.. once i got onto a server i asked and everyone confirmed the main servers were down, so if you just installed it today it might not be you are having problems, it just might be that the servers are down for a little while...

im actually going to see if i can join them right after i send this, and ill post back later to let you know if they were working this time or not.

UPDATED EDIT - Servers are back up and working normally, so like i said if you signed on earlier on today the 22nd the servers were indeed down, so try signing back on now and see if that is the case again... hopefully that was your problem and it is that easy of a fix (Y) time to go play some assault mode

Edited by DirtyLarry