2003-2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Viewer Poll

Was this years Stanley Cup Playoffs Disappointing?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Was this years Stanley Cup Playoffs Disappointing?

• Yes, low market teams just don't draw me
    • No, it's good to see low market teams in the playoffs
    • We need to see Detroit/Colorado/Dallas/NJ or why watch?!?!
    • All two hockey fans in my city are supporting our team in the finals!

There's a reason why I'm cheering for the Flames to win, but I can't post the link here. Let's just say the celebrations after a victory are spectacular. :p

I like to see a variety. Honestly, I wanted Colorado to be in the Finals instead of the Flames but the Avs got bested by the Sharks. Oh well, Calgary is my last hope. C'mon Flames!

i think its good to have some new teams in there. always makes it more interesting.

gotta root for the lightning though.

lightning vs flames

kinda a weird matchup in terms of team names :p

Cara, you forgot the most import voting option:

I'm just darn happy to see a Canadian team in the Stanley Cup Finals

Ironically, if you had asked me, at the start of the season, for the name of the Canadian team that was LEAST likely to progress to the Stanley Cup final my answer (like many hockey fans) would have been Calgary.

I must say I'm very impressed with Iggy. He seems to be able to do it all. He scores, he fights, he checks. He's a good Canadian boy. It's also nice to see someone of (half) Nigerian ancestry playing in the NHL.

I like this final, should make for a good showing.. both teams have a faster (I think more exciting) style of play with very solid goaltending.

With that said, go Tampa!!!!! :D

Its good to see different teams in the finals. I was starting to get bored of the same teams in the finals every year. It would nice to see different teams in the playoffs, like the Rangers instead of Flyers and/or Devils.

it's been an interesting playoffs this year. Last few years were a bore. In recent memory, the best playoffs (of course since 1993 when the Habs won) was when Bourque won the cup with the Avs his last hockey game in his career after almost 20yrs without winning a cup.

I watched that game. A game to remember. Bourque finally won the Stanley Cup after (I think it was) 22 years. Well this year's final is gonna be great! Some new blood.

there is only one reason i said it will be dissappointing, thats because, even though i hope the flames will take the cup back for canada, i know that Tampa will dominate the series and win.

however, both teams deserve to be there after the seasons they've had, and either way i'd be happy i guess, its good to see Dave Andreychuk finally going to the finals, and it is great to see a teams other than detroit/colorado/nj/dallas in the final.

either way, may the best team win.

Your question of "Was this years Stanley Cup Playoffs Disappointing?" is flawed for one specific reason; they aren't over yet.

I think it is fantastic that Calgary is finally back in the finals. Their city is in an absolute frenzy over the playoffs. It's great. Glad to see so much enthusiasm for a home-team. You will hardly ever see this in the states with hockey. The Canadian fans seem to be a little more hardcore when it comes to their hockey teams.

Go Flames Go!

it will be good, it's good to see new teams too.

borque was great, i had tears in my eyes when he raised the cup, and i hate the avs.

this year we have a similar story with andreychuk. i think he's been in the league like 22 years too...crazy...

Thoughts?

It's good to see new teams in the Finals and its even better to see Detroit lose again. :D

It's good to see new teams in the Finals and its even better to see Detroit lose again. :D

(Y) :ike:

i love seeing small market and underdog teams do well. i love that i can be happy with either team winning for once.

Personally, I lost my interest in hockey and it's not because of low market teams making it, though I am going for the Flames.

Who's callin the flames a low market team. Flames fans are die hards. And man if you ever try and walk down a street after a game you'll know that low market Does Not Apply!

check out the videos of after the games at www.flamesgirls.com

Who's callin the flames a low market team. Flames fans are die hards. And man if you ever try and walk down a street after a game you'll know that low market Does Not Apply!

check out the videos of after the games at www.flamesgirls.com

a small market team in the sense that the city barely pushes a million people and the fact that the team almost went the ways of Winnipeg and Quebec City a few yrs ago

I personally find hockey boring with all the hocking and interference

where is my Joe Sakic with nordiques????

are you serious? and you're from Montreal?? wow..