Ground Control 2 demo available

Ground Control was one of the first 3D Real-Time Strategy games that I felt comfortable with, from the camera to the streamlined interface. I hope the sequel does the original justice. :geek:

Amazing demo.

The graphics look absolutely jaw-dropping and it plays even better -- even if you're not a fan of squad-based strategy games. It's just that good. I can't imagine how much time they spent on making it this good -- it's so much better than the original it's not even funny.

The only problems I had were with the camera and a bit of unit control issues. The camera likes to dip down with dips in terrain, even on the NSA mission (the only actual mission) with the power generator being over a dip (so it dipped down). The units sometimes took a few clicks to move, too, and I would have liked a bit more information on the units I was controlling -- so I could tell which ones I was controlling (because infantry are so small). The save feature wasn't working in the demo, either, but that's nothing new for demos.

Amazing demo, though. I just wish I had a better system to run it! I may have to upgrade for this (been meaning to for a while, anyways).