Yikes! What's wrong with Windows Installer?

Just attempting to install some applications and i keep getting an ERROR 1305 saying that it cant access the file and to varify it exists. I had a look and sure enough its there in the TEMP folder like it should be... so i copied it out and run it from the desktop... same message. I tried altering the 'Security settings' on the folders, i even made a new user as Administrator and tried from that account... same bloody thing. I tried all different apps using MSI, and i cant get anything to work!

Anyone know whats going on? Im at my wits end. Im not using any BETA service packs, i have SP1 and all most of the patchs from windows update. I have WU5 but i havent used any of the beta updates so i dont know whats going on here...

HELP! :(

Edit: Oh i just realised i do have some beta software installed, but its just Frontpage 2003 which that has expired now but i havent removed it cos im lazyy. But thats all..... :pinch:

post-11-1085440986.png

It's ok i fixed it - turns out WU v5 installs MSI 3.0 without telling you... :rolleyes:

All better now though :cool: