[NFL] Eddie George to be cut!

Im not surprised, he is not the strong back he used to be, he went downwards very fast

Wow, really didn't see this coming. I really like seeing some of the backups get some time every now and then, but I don't think they can carry the team like Eddie did. Hopefully we'll get a nice trade here or there.

Edit: Looks like Brown could be filling in his spot.

,May 26 2004, 18:18] Im not surprised, he is not the strong back he used to be, he went downwards very fast

yeah but who is there to perform his duties?

Let me rephrase that. Is there any other player in the same calibre as Eddie in the free-agency who can help the Titans?

In short, nobody...... yet.

Isnt having something better than nothing? Wouldnt the Titans looks like fools by cutting him off without getting a proper replacement?

Eddie George is going down hill every year. The pounding he takes every year is finally catching up to him. I mean **** 3.5 ypc is crap. And don't say hes good cause he gets 1,000 every year now. 1,000 yard year is pretty much nothing nowadays. He makes too much money. They got a good young back in Chris Brown, but Eddie will get picked up by someone.

Eddie George is going down hill every year. The pounding he takes every year is finally catching up to him. I mean **** 3.5 ypc is crap. And don't say hes good cause he gets 1,000 every year now. 1,000 yard year is pretty much nothing nowadays. He makes too much money. They got a good young back in Chris Brown, but Eddie will get picked up by someone.

he *STILL* has not missed a start in his career.

he is a fooking work HORSE

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1174

TOTAL Games: 128 | Games Started: 128

he will find a new home and have a career year.

now... where should he go?

i cannot WAIT until this season begins... ive never been so excited for a football season.

he will probably go to my raiders. we pick up every veteran and turn them around. and yes toxikk he hasnt missed a start in his career, but the pounding he takes is finally catching up with him

hmm, that's pretty crazy news. he is a big name, but his health is becoming a factor. his hard pounding play is catchign up with him. but damn, no missed starts, thats also saying something.

hehe....Hail to the Victors!

:):) man, now you got me all excited for college football. when does it start??

Interesting.  He's never been real durable, though....but still he's a team leader...puzzling move.

do you watch football? eddie george has been one of the most reliable running backs in the league since coming out of college. but it is obvious his skills are declining from all of the pounding, and they want to move in another direction.

:)  man, now you got me all excited for college football.  when does it start??

End of August...the Eddie Robinson Classic or Pigskin Classic...one of those is always the first game. Last year, there was like 3 games that weekend.

GO GATORS!!

George had a few great years but in the worlf of football now...you need to have the stats every year.

There are too many big name backs today, not like the Payton, Sayers, and even Sanders era.

George will find a good fit in another city.