[Help] How to make a Shell32 bmp?

Hi everybody :)

I am making a shell pack for the Gartoon Icons.

I have ready everything except the standard buttons for the toolbar. :(

I tried to make them with black backcolor but, it didn't work.

The best that I did was with Pink backcolor but it looks crappy (see image)

So....Can somebody tell me how I can make them better :rolleyes:

Or just somebody can...make them for me :p (I will give the resource for the icons if somebody needs them)

Thanks

post-34-1085663318.jpg

You must make it with 32bit Alpha Transparents.

For this you need GIF Moviegier. Creat a Toolbar in Photoshop-safe it as PSD and open it withGif Moviegier and save it as Filmstrip with Alphachannel.

For this you need GIF Moviegier. Creat a Toolbar in Photoshop-safe it as PSD and open it withGif Moviegier and save it as Filmstrip with Alphachannel.

Thanks Stefanka.I will try it later. :D

I did it.They looks very nice now thanks stefanka

post-34-1085683252.jpg

Just a quick note: to cheat and get 32bit BMP images without any additional software, all you need is something which can save as transparent PNG files, like Photoshop/Gimp/basically any graphics editor worth its salt. Anyway, save your image as a PNG file, and then open it in MSPaint. Save the file again as a 24bit BMP. It actually gets saved as a 32bit bitmap file. Works like a charm.

• 3 weeks later...
Just a quick note: to cheat and get 32bit BMP images without any additional software, all you need is something which can save as transparent PNG files, like Photoshop/Gimp/basically any graphics editor worth its salt. Anyway, save your image as a PNG file, and then open it in MSPaint. Save the file again as a 24bit BMP. It actually gets saved as a 32bit bitmap file. Works like a charm.

Nice tip!

Thanks!

Thanks for the tips, but I seem to have run into my own problem. I replaced 204 and 205 with my new bmp, rebooted, and cleared my icon cache, but the bar has not changed whatsoever; any suggestions?

• 6 months later...

I tried Relativity's method but it doesn't seem to work for my radio buttons for some reason. I made a thread about it. Even using GMG it doesn't work.

But what Relativity says is quite right. If you open the properties for a BMP created via this method, and click the advanced tab, you'll see that the depth is 32 bits.

• 3 weeks later...