Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 4.0a

so what's the DPI and resolution on the 4.0a like compared to the 3.0? same?

my biggest mouse gripe has nothing to do with the mouse, but more with the games that won't recognize the side buttons (argh)

~armaddon

I have a question, how can you tell which version mouse you have?

I have an Microsoft Intellimouse Optical

You look at the bottom of your mouse?

Mine is Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 (I wonder when 4.0a was released)

Hello! I just bought my Intellimouse Explorer 4.0

It's a great mouse... extremely ergonomic and very precise. Now I wouldn't use another mouse, even if it's a Logitech :p

But... I noticed that I can scroll only in an active window. Unlike other mice I had, now, if I have let's say an explorer window opened and Winamp's playlist on my desktop, I have to click (activate) the window I want to scroll in. Previously I only had to move my cursor from my SELECTED explorer view OVER the playlist to scroll. I found out this feature is called "Universal scrolling" or "Hovering scroll".

I would really want to know if some of you know about this and if I could enable it somehow ('caus it's very helpful).

P.S. excuse my english :alien:

Great mouse :) I must live with my Intellimouse Optical 1.1a for now :p

(offtopic)

Enable ClearType, and set the contrast to 1000. You'll love it. It's ClearTweak. There are many-a-thread about it back a few months ago. Everyone should have ClearType turned on (since Microsoft is making Longhorn require it, but that's for another thread).
:rolleyes: Cleartype is enabled, check the screenshots. And who told you it's a requirement for longhorn? Since when a font smoothing setting will be a requirement for a future OS, and since when everyone should use it just because of that reason? :huh: They are just going to improve it for Longhorn, not force it.

And, I use cleartype.

I JUST got mine in the mail today and it kicks ass. The wheel scrolls so nicely and the shape of it is absolutley perfect. My only problem is the two side buttons, I think they are a little to high for me. I am sure I will get used to it, but this is a nice mouse.

nice mouse, nice pics

i wish i could ditch my logitech cordless mouseman.

my screen scrools up and down erratically because of jibby mouse. im sure its not all mouses, just my one.

• 3 weeks later...
Yup, that's the one. If you had the problem, you could call Microsoft and they'd send you a brand new 3.0. Like I said above, I did it twice, then fixed the originals. It was awesome.

That could be considered theft by some :p At least the way you worded it.

nice mouse, nice pics

i wish i could ditch my logitech cordless mouseman.

my screen scrools up and down erratically because of jibby mouse. im sure its not all mouses, just my one.

Search ebay, you can find the OEM for suprisingly cheap. I found mine for $14, with shipping, so its not that bad..:-P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well I really didn't want to start a new thread on this, that would be a waste of something or another, so whats my options? I don't know how to get an answer on this, its a simple yes or no and it's a warented curiosity.