Modem negotiation problem in XP

Howdy Everybody

My 56K USB modem won?t connect to my ISP, when I am using XP 2505 RC1.

I installed Win2k drivers for it, and they worked perfect. But during connecting to my ISP, I hear some noises and it takes a long time, then it drops. It happens in modems handshaking or negotiation. Sounds like my ISP can not negotiate with my modem, when I am using XP. I have no problems in Win2k.

Who knows the solution?

Here's my system info:

Modem: STMicroelectronics USB 56k.

Help!!!

BTW, this bulletin board looks perfect...

i have the same problem whith my moden only tha mine doesn even logon to my isp ,if you find what the problrm is please send me a e-mail... my modem is a ST microelectronics ST7554... pls hel me

I think there's a problem with Drivers, they work fine under 2000, but under XP, they wont. I hope to find a solution for this problem, otherwise I hafta buy a new modem!

Try uninstalling the modem, reinstall and then use the standard 56k modem drivers that windows XP provides. If this works use them until your modem manufacturer releases new drivers.

Errr... Some good news... But...

I received a new driver for WinXP from this guy in "Pronets.com.tw". This new driver - which is not posted anywhere on the web - has some cool futures, like safe mode connection or modem helper, which helps you recognize some bad connection problems. But...

Unfortunately the problem Under XP is still unsolved.

Modem connects to the ISP, but no negotiations... Just like connectiong to a modem, with a normal telephone, not a modem!

Is it really a Modem problem?!

Hello Ricky,

Thanks for reply, but my modem is USB, and XP wont let you choose normal drivers! It only shows you a short list of drivers, but none of them work.

I am preparing to go out... to bring a new PCI modem! Soon...

Originally posted by RickyXP

Try uninstalling the modem, reinstall and then use the standard 56k modem drivers that windows XP provides.  If this works use them until your modem manufacturer releases new drivers.

My Creative Labs Modem Blaster wouldn't work on XP's built in drivers till 2509. It would show up in the Hardware list, but it wouldn't dial. I had to use the Win 2k drivers from their site.