..Security System could not establish a secured..

Hello everyone,

I seem to be getting message similar to this one on a lot of my clients (in the event log, under system):

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: LSASRV

Event Category: SPNEGO (Negotiator)

Event ID: 40961

Date:  31/05/2004

Time:  5:39:16 PM

User:  N/A

Computer: PLIEB

Description:

The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server DNS/prisoner.iana.org.  No authentication protocol was available.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Not sure why its coming, what I have done wrong. DHCP is through my router, DNS is on my 2003 server. I have forwards set to my ISP's addresses. I seem to get this message a lot, on most of my clients, obviously prison.iana.org. is different. Should I worry about this? Or just ignore it?

-lieb39

I think your DHCP is giving the DNS address of its Internet DNS when they should be pointing to the server itself.

If your DNS is configured properly, then you might want to disable recursives update for your DNS server.

Check those two things out and get back to us

have fun !!!

This message usually means you don't have a reverse lookup zone configured for your subnet. You could configure one to get rid of the warning, but it is not necessary.