XP 2600? hmmm?

Right i have Windows XP build 2600, corp. Now while im against warez as a rule, RC2 i recived from MS (after months of waiting and no response to emails/phone calls etc etc) i started getting lockups in Rc2, and it put me off XP. So i thought id try 2600 before i dump it and go back to trusty Win2k.

Well this seems a lot better, BUT ive just checked in the drivers and some say (well most) 5.1.2535 build for drivers. Not 2600. However looking at some of the system drivers it says 5.1.2600., which is odd. I assumed they would all be the same versions? Do i have a fake?:(

Also it seems that the icons in this 'so called' FINAL of XP still have some Windows 2000 legacy ones. Such as the ones you find in the Admin Tools.

Its not looking good is it?.

Any comments welcome.

-Cheers

come on peopl :) im hanging by a thread here. :)

45 views and no one with 2600 has checked to let me know if ive wasted my time? :) oh i found one drivers with the build of 5.1.2001. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

:disappoin :disappoin

hey,

The so called Corp. Version that's finding it's way around the internet right now was released by Devils Own and all it is is a hacked Evaluation of build 2600, this is NOT the true Corp. Edition released by MS. The Corp. Edition most likely won't be leaked untill they start selling to corporations.

Later,

Bain

Its not that, that bothers me. I just want to know i have the final build so that im sure im evaluating the right product, and not having some older build (having problems) and missing out on Oct 25th.

Originally posted by Bain

hey,

The so called Corp. Version that's finding it's way around the internet right now was released by Devils Own and all it is is a hacked Evaluation of build 2600, this is NOT the true Corp. Edition released by MS. The Corp. Edition most likely won't be leaked untill they start selling to corporations.

Later,

Bain

Hey don't worry.. you don't have the wrong version. When a driver works and works good it only get's repacked with updated system files. Even windows 2000 has some drivers in it as an older version. The date doesn't matter and all that other stuff. If it runs and runs good then don't worry about the date. Dates are somewhat irrelevant now. When XP final is realeased to stores all the drivers will prolly have one number but that's not so hard to change. It will be the same drivers your using now just a different number attached to them. Do you really think microsoft is gonna create new drivers for every beta it realeases... all they did is get basic support in these drivers and then kept changing the date on them...