Computer disconnects from network

I recently have become ****ed when I am downloading torrents and I leave me computer for the night or day to download them and come back to see that my computer lost connection sometime while I was gone. I have a wireless PCI Adaptor and a Linksys Wireless router. I noticed when I am passing large data through bittorrent my threshhold on my wireless card goes from 11mbps to 2mbps and when it drops to 2mbps all of my applications disconnect from the internet (msn, trillian, bittorrent, etc...) and they dont work again until I disable the adaptor and restart it in windows.

Has anyone come across a fix for this type of problem? I was told it was a driver issue, but it seems as if I have the latest drivers for my card. Anyhelp would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

Yes. I just updated the driver again and it seemed to have gone away last night while I was downloading a torrent from my friend. If it comes back I'll let u know.

i realize this is off topic, but why do you use msn and trillian?

I'm sure it is the same reason I use GAIM and MSN. Some of MSN's features such as Display Pictures, Audio Chat, and Webcam are not available in GAIM and Trillian. (Not sure if Trillian has webcam/audio support yet for MSN)

-AnimeUSA

it doesn?t i use msn and trillian to.:pp

msn for one account of my work were i need sound and video and trillian with another account for my friends.

Plus trillian suports more tham 160 contacts in your contact list and msn dont. if you have more then 160 contacts in msn you wont see them all online.

Cumps,

jingas