droplet script to resize images

I've been searching and searching for an applescript that will act as a droplet which will allow me to resize images to any dimention that I want. The one found on Apple's site does exactly what I want except that it resizes by percent rather than by resolution. I've attached the script here. I like that I can resize one image, or a batch of images... Does anyone know of such a script? I'm basically wanting the Windows XP image manipulation PowerTool equivalent for OS X.

Scale_By__

Check out ImageWell, you can drop the image on the application icon, a window will come in, then you can use the slider to set the resolution, then either upload the file directly to a website over FTP/WebDav/etc. or just drag it outta the "well" back onto the desktop or a folder or anywhere and it'll be saved as that resolution. You can even specify the amount of JPEG compression, crop it, add titles, among other things.

You can download it at http://xtralean.com/IW.html

that's close, but it really only works for one image at a time... I would like to drag in a group of images and have it pop up a simple dialogue box asking for a new size

that's close, but it really only works for one image at a time... I would like to drag in a group of images and have it pop up a simple dialogue box asking for a new size

Is it not possible to edit Apple's Applescript if it's quite close to what you want? Is this script one which would be applied to a folder action?

Ya, that application works, but it's not as simple to use as a droplet... The script seems to work best. I would like to modify the script to work on solid resolutions instead of percentages, but I'm understanding the script to edit it... I was haping that someone somewhere had already done this...

OK, I think that I managed to do it... I think I managed to modify the script... It seems to work anyway... Attached is my modified script... you can drag files or folders onto it, enter the desired legnth of the longest edge of the image and then it will modify the origional file... I welcome any additions that anyone might want to make... like the option to save to a different file

Resize_Images.app