G5 sleep / volume issue

Since 10.3.4 was installed on my G5 (it doesn't happen on my Powerbook), the system volume drops massively whenever I wake it up from sleep.

I don't mean the actual volume slider falls, I'm talking about the actual output. I mean that, after sleeping and waking my machine, I can crank it up to full volume and it will still be quieter than it normally would be at, say, 1/4 volume.

Logging out does not fix the issue, nor does switching users. Rebooting does.

Haxies installed:

ShapeShifter

WindowShadeX (disabled)

Mighty Mouse

Metallifizer

As I say, it's started happening since 10.3.4.

Anyone got any bright ideas? :)

aido: Just third-party amplified speakers.. they're not soundsticks or anything (been looking to upgrade for some time now)

thekore: Yeah, I did the other day.. there are people with the same problem but no real answers from the Apple guys. One person suggested resetting the PRAM so I'll do that.

NeYo: Trouble is, even though it's quiet, I still can't sleep unless it does too :)

Just did an archive and reinstall of OS X yesterday. Under 10.3 it was fine, but once I ran the combined OS X update to 10.3.4, it's doing it again. Obviously the update is screwy.

Anyone know where I can get the combined 10.3.3 update still?

At least your wakes up. I had my Powerbook sleeping all weekend. It wouldn't wake up this morning, and now it won't boot. :( I have to take it in. At least there is an Apple store 13 miles away from me.