Anyone practices Capoeira here?

Hello, just saw the sporting zone and i was curious if someone here practices Capoeira. I started 2 months ago, and i have to say that its an amazing sport. My capoeira group its called Senzala. Well, if someone of you practices it, we could have some kind of discussion about our groups and movements and how well do you play in a roda.

i had a friend in high school who was very good at it and always use to practice at lunch time in the school. I must say is a very great sport, i thought at first it wasnt a sport i thought it was more like a style of dancing/fighting. Is a really good experience to see people who really know it, show it off and do moves. i wouldnt mind learning it but with work and all, and i know of no spots in my area where i could practice it... Good luck with it tho, is a great sport and a very good dancing style (i like to calling dancing style :D )

seen it 'performed' a few times and i have to say i would probably kill myself trying to even learn...

'i move like a baboon... with two club feet' lol

When I think of Capoeira I think of the movie 'Only the Strong Survive' ... I think that is the name of it...

EDIT: That isn't the name of it, but I do remember seeing a Movie that had alot of Capoeira in it on HBO, I forget what the name of the movie was.... :(

Damien, i thinked it also, but because we all started from 0, its not a problem to try to do things, also you loose the fear to do the things when you already are doing it. You should try it, and if you dont like it, then dont do it, but at least try it, im sure you will like it.

Capoeira's pretty cool. It's not really a martial arts way of fighting as far as I know though. More of a dance with martial arts moves mixed together. It's really slick to watch when a bunch of guys get going really fast though. Quite impressive.

When I think of Capoeira I think of the movie 'Only the Strong Survive' ... I think that is the name of it...

EDIT: That isn't the name of it, but I do remember seeing a Movie that had alot of Capoeira in it on HBO, I forget what the name of the movie was.... :(

The movie is called 'Only The Strong', you were very close.... I love that movie.. it is a bit cheesy, but oh well.... It stars Mark Dacascos, and is pretty much about Capoeira.