Mandrake-Lnx4Win & A Text Installation

Is there any way of installing Linux Mandrake 8.2 using Lnx4Win and the text installation?

The reason I ask is because either my video card or my monitor have gotten mesed up no matter what distro I try the graphical installations start but then the screen goes black and I can not longer see what's going on.

On Mandrake with the graphical installation I get to the point to where it asks you to press F1 for more installation options If I pick Lnx4Win (which is what I want now, I just want to try the new Mandrake) it starts loading stuff but then it goes black, same thing happens with low resolution installation or normal graphical installation.

Any ideas on what could be happening or how to use Lnx4Win along with the text only install?

Thanks in advance.

Ely

Which graphics card do you have???

VGA mode is standardize and works on all video cards, no exception, made in last 10 years or so. It must be another problem. Does any other install mode work. Try another mode. It won't mess up your computer if you quit before it installs anything. The first step is getting regional settings. Quit when it shows and nothing will install.

To be honest Im not even sure what kind of video card I have, I have only opened this PC twice, Once when I upgraded for more RAM and another time when I attempted to add a second hard drive I have an AMD K-6/2 at 300MHz with 3DNow technology , I think it has an integrated video card but not sure which one, I ll try to check on this.

As for installation modes, the only one that seems to work is the TEXT installation, but then again the only choices I see is to resize my current Windows partition or to erase the entire disk.

I really wanted to instal Lnx4Win this time and have no intention of messing with my Windows Partition.

Thanks for your help.

Ely