cd cover album art

I have a ton of music ripped to my computer, and wish to have the cd album art for each file.

I know I could look up each one on Amazon.com, but they are fairly poor resolution and don't provide the back or inlays of the cd.

I don't have a scanner so scanning the cds manually is not really an option...

I remember using a website before that had tons of high resolution scans for all sorts of cds, but can't seem to find it any more...

Does anyone know of any good websites providing high quality scans for cd covers?

Your help is greatly appreciated. ;)

If you use iTunes, there is a program that finds the artwork for you (the res isn't bad at all, but it differs in size for each album, if that matters). Google it, i don't remember what it's called, but I can attest that it works well (assuming you have well-tagged mp3s)

If you use iTunes, there is a program that finds the artwork for you (the res isn't bad at all, but it differs in size for each album, if that matters). Google it, i don't remember what it's called, but I can attest that it works well (assuming you have well-tagged mp3s)

Thanks for the response. I've seen what you are speaking of and will use it, but only if I can find nothing better.

I remember a website where you could download very high resolution scans of the front / back / inlay of tons of cds..... the resolution was high enough that you could read all text on the cds perfectly, so ideally that is what I'm looking for.

Thanks again, anyone else know of anything? :huh:

I have the answer to your prayers. Its a nice little program called iArt.

iArt 1.0

iArt is a freeware program that can be used to download album art for your iTunes library. It allows you to choose what playlist (or your library) to get album art for. You can then choose exactly what tracks you want music for, and then iArt will download covers for your music from Amazon! This program depends on your tags so having good tags usually gets better results. However, iArt will also work with music with missing tags, as long as the artist tag is there, it can attempt to find a match!

Requirements: Windows 2000/XP and iTunes 4.5

http://ipodsoft.com/downloads/itunescover/itunescover.zip