Foobar2000 Customization Topic

select "Bitmap includes mouseover images"

Thanks, I actually didn't have that in my version (the latest on his website is 0.1, not 0.1.1).

Ok here's a real pickle of a question :)

I often listen to the digitally imported chillout shoutcast, often for hours at a time when working on projects or uni assignments. And I'm curious to see how much traffic I download though, because I have download limits.

These streams are at 96kbps or 12kbytes/sc, so is there a way to show the kbits downloaded in the status bar?

I'm sure it's possible, can foobar's scripts do calculations? I've seen % meters in some screenshots before.

Somehow, if the artists is equal to a specific string, then it also shows "(12*seconds) kB" in the status bar?

Any help appreciated :)

Ok here's a real pickle of a question :)

I often listen to the digitally imported chillout shoutcast, often for hours at a time when working on projects or uni assignments. And I'm curious to see how much traffic I download though, because I have download limits.

These streams are at 96kbps or 12kbytes/sc, so is there a way to show the kbits downloaded in the status bar?

I'm sure it's possible, can foobar's scripts do calculations? I've seen % meters in some screenshots before.

Somehow, if the artists is equal to a specific string, then it also shows "(12*seconds) kB" in the status bar?

Any help appreciated :)

I'm not sure if I completely understand, but at any rate, without any 3rd party plugins or some kind of customization beyond formatting strings, foobar cannot store global variables to be passed on to the rendering of the next song. It could be that Columns UI allows this, but I dunno. What you could do, I guess, is show the traffic used for the current song... something like

$mul(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,12) KB

I didn't get the artist specific thing you were talking about... what exactly do you mean?

$mul(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,12) KB

I didn't get the artist specific thing you were talking about... what exactly do you mean?

That code works great :)

I'm not worried about it losing the setting each time anyway.

The reason I wanted the artist, is because I dont want the kB counter for my normal mp3's.

So $mul(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,12) KB only shows if %artist% is equal to 'digitally imported'

Is there any documentation on how foobar strings work? Would love to have a play around myself.

Edited by nexx

Is there any documentation on how foobar strings work? Would love to have a play around myself.

in title formatting, click Help or browse in Foobar2000 folder and open titleformat_help.html

Ok here's my dodgy solution to only showing kb counter for shoutcasts.

$if( $strcmp(%_length%,'?') , $mul(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,%radiokb%)kb,' ' )

I added a 'radiokb' fieldname to each stream in my playlist for it's bitrate in kilobytes/sec

This player just keeps getting better :)

Hot damn, looking at all those Foobar screenshots is making me want to use Foobar again over Winamp. Especially the one Sojumk posted, great stuff.

I am still hoping someone will post a how-to on getting Foobar to look like the Winamp media library (just the audio part). If Foobar can be set up in the same style of sub-windows, I will switch over. Please help.

Here it is the long awaited Azrael (Rexy mod)

Rexy has tested it since I removed a lot of code from it and says Seems to be working well!

It does not have all the features of Azrael but only the ones Rexy wanted in!

Enjoy!

--

Neksus

Here it is the long awaited Azrael (Rexy mod)

Rexy has tested it since I removed a lot of code from it and says Seems to be working well!

It does not have all the features of Azrael but only the ones Rexy wanted in!

Enjoy!

--

Neksus

so how do i use this? :huh:

hey! just installed your mod rexy and neksus, fantastic! however i get these pink dots and i would like to get rid of them, any help?

They are ReplayGain dots!

Either use ReplayGain or turn off the RG Column in Column_ui preferences!

--

Neksus

Is there anway to get the screen to look more like the WinAmp media library. That is the big thing that is keeping me on WinAmp. The whole split up wit hthe 3 subwindows is the perfect mix that I need to search through my mp3s...

Someone tell me how to do that on Foobar, and I will switch.

I have to agree, that is the main thing that keeps me from swapping over (though I have just now deleted winamp to give foobar a decent go, although none of those configs want to work, they just spit out errors).

hey! just installed your mod rexy and neksus, fantastic! however i get these pink dots and i would like to get rid of them, any help?

They are ReplayGain dots!

Either use ReplayGain or turn off the RG Column in Column_ui preferences!

--

Neksus

That, and you're also not using Lucida Grande Bold. So first, you're getting dots instead of squares, and second, it doesn't look as good as with Lucida Grande Bold ;) . Here, I attached it:

Lucida_Grande_Bold.ttf

Also another quick q. A lot and I mean ALOT of my mp3s dont have correct ID3 tags, and because of that, I cant get foobar configured how I want. Is there a way to mass tag the files but have it do it via directory structure (so it tags the first file found in \RX Bandits\Progress\ with a 1 as the track number and so on)?