New PowerMac

Sweet, bit of a let down tho. Wanted 3GHz after everything Steve said last year, none-tha-less, it doesn't ghost my machine quite so much! :)

Liquid cooling sounds interesting, i am curious to see the innards of one of these machines!

Sweet, bit of a let down tho. Wanted 3GHz after everything Steve said last year, none-tha-less, it doesn't ghost my machine quite so much! :)

Liquid cooling sounds interesting, i am curious to see the innards of one of these machines!

yeah i was expecting 3 ghz until think secret kinda confirmed it. but they, its a upgrade. makes u wonder what apple has planned for wwdc with this outta the way doesn't it? hmmm

Liquid cooling seems nice. Must be much quieter.

It still has the same number of fans, but maybe they won't have to work so hard now.

Don't you guys think it's a bit of a worry that liquid cooling is already required on the G5? Steve was talking about 3GHz by this point, and we're only just scraping 2.5 with the help of a liquid cooling system. Hmmm..

Cause then it will be whisper quite with the fans not needing to go overtime! :) nice work apple woot. plus its much cooler bragging your computer has water cooling then some fans..

• 2 weeks later...
Don't you guys think it's a bit of a worry that liquid cooling is already required on the G5? Steve was talking about 3GHz by this point, and we're only just scraping 2.5 with the help of a liquid cooling system. Hmmm..

i dont think that anyone should take what steve says about the G5 seriously. Apple does not make the G5 processor, IBM does.

STV

Exactly, and it is a well known (reported on for months now) fact that IBM has been having outrageous problems getting their 90nm line up to full capacity. Once they do though, watch out!