New PowerMac G5's on Apple's website

old crappy 64mb video card on a pro machine..thats just not right ...Cmon apple whats wrog with offering 128MB standard and 512 mb of ram standard accross the whole line, they are in fact pro machines after all. I guess the old models will be dropping in price, a dual "old" 1.8 seems like a good bet.

Only the 2.5GHz one is watercooled, which probably explains the different pictures AppleInsider posted...

Now, who was saying they didn't trust AppleInsider? :ninja:

I Want the new Dual 2.5Ghz... :woot: I'm so excited about it!!!!!

Watercooled.... :drool:

I have to buy one before the end of the year, definatly!!!!

shodan I'm waiting for new displays and I'm buying the whole package...screw PC and spyware/shi tware anymore. DUAL G5 2.5 with 30" Aluminum displays. NOW THAT"S WHAT I'm talking about. I'll sell my own mother for those babies.

shodan I'm waiting for new displays and I'm buying the whole package...screw PC and spyware/shi tware anymore. DUAL G5 2.5 with 30" Aluminum displays. NOW THAT"S WHAT I'm talking about. I'll sell my own mother for those babies.

I agree with you..... in fact I've said before the end of the year...not the week! ;)

wow... liquid cooled too :drool: :woot:

i wanna see some unbiased benchmarks though. i don't think apple cheats, but everybody on the pc side said that last time, and having a reputable site say "holy ****, this is good" or "ehh, amd still beats it" would end the discussion.

i was really hoping apple would save this and toss out dual 3ghz at wwdc. oh well... wwdc is still a ways off ;)

Liquid cooling mmmmm lol! I will be buying one of these :p dunno when but I have up my mind im defo buying a G5. (Now To Get A Loan :p)

Mmmmmmm

My AMD64's making loud fan noises in jealousy.

Actually, I think its been doing this since the rumours started. And my iBook is sitting pretty!

Only the 2.5GHz one is watercooled, which probably explains the different pictures AppleInsider posted...

Now, who was saying they didn't trust AppleInsider? :ninja:

That doesn't explain anything. The case is exactly the same on the 2.5 as it is on the other two. Apple will keep the same look throughout the line.

What have we learned? AI isn't a reliable source. They never have been, and until they quit making stuff up, they never will be.

That doesn't explain anything. The case is exactly the same on the 2.5 as it is on the other two. Apple will keep the same look throughout the line.

What have we learned? AI isn't a reliable source. They never have been, and until they quit making stuff up, they never will be.

I believe that Pilsbury was talking about the internal pictures showing the one cover over the CPU's instead of the indivudial heat sink covers.

I believe that Pilsbury was talking about the internal pictures showing the one cover over the CPU's instead of the indivudial heat sink covers.

I was indeed :)

I was indeed :)

Yeah...right. If the pics posted by AI were authentic, they would be exactly the same as what Apple released. Unfortunately for AI, they aren't. Not even close. Thus continues AI's quest for more readership by any means necessary.

do you guys think Steve will be able to keep his words and introduce 3GHz PowerMac by the end of this month?

A spokesperson stated that it officially won't happen for a while (www.macrumors.com).

really? grrr... steve lied.. :hmmm:

No, he simply said what they were expecting a year ago. Unfortunately, IBM wasn't able to deliver the 3Ghz chips on time due to production problems.