What the hell's going on with my network?

I have a wireless Belkin router with 2 computers connected (wired) to it. While I was away on a trip, my wife commented that the internet was not working. When I got back, the internet was fine. however, when I connected to eMule and Azureus, I got a low ID on eMule and a yellow icon in Azureus (which on both cases means the network can't talk back to the computer). I never had this problem before since I had opened up the appropriate ports on my router.

Also, my internet lately has been going on and off seemingly at random. I reset the router to default settings and reopened the ports and still have the same problem. I then got rid of the router and connected straight to my computer and am still getting lowID.

What could be blocking these ports on my computer?

Your ISP.

Try re-routing the ports to something non-congested.

Well, my ISP is actually a couple of guys that I know. I have wireless internet that's microwave from an antenna on the roof of my house to a line-of-sight central antenna nearby. They're actually pretty cool guys and I asked them if they started blocking ports. They told me they don't block anything and the rapport I have with them makes me believe him.

But just to check, what ports do you suggest I change eMule or Azureus to?

What kind of speed on your connection do you get?

From good sites like Microsoft and Download.com I get about 500 KB/sec

are ports 6881 through 6889 open on the router or firewall?

probably the best site for bittorent tweaking but seems to be down...

google cache:

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:yjhkR...ittorrent&hl=en

Yes, they're open. A couple of weeks ago, I had no problems with anything. Green icons all over.

Maybe your friends ISP started blocking ports?

No, I called them and they assured me they're not blocking any ports.

try to put a computer on the DMZ (no firewall from the router, all connections from the internet are allowed to/from that IP (DANGER zone) ) to see if they aren't really blocking ports ;)