Paul Thurrott the biggest troll

He likes Firefox and recommeneds it over IE.  He doesn't seem to be that much of a pro-Microsoft to me.

He reports on MS stuff. Big deal. I've seen him tear apart MS products before. Actually, his realistic view on Apple is quite refreshing from the always pro-Apple sentiments I see some people writing on here. He's no different from the MS haters/Apple lovers....and we all know there are plenty of those running around. You judge him for his opinions, but then turn around and do the same thing.

I have absolutely zero problem with Windows. I think XP is a great OS. If OS X wasn't around, I'd be using XP. I've just found that OS X is more to my liking (MUCH more). I'll probably be building a pc here soon to fulfill my gaming urges and take on the roomates in some network play.

As far as the article in question, I agree 100% with Paul. Apple absolutely blew it. No they don't make the processors, but Jobs is the one who made the statement about 3ghz G5s. You don't go saying things like that about new tech. I find it quite hard to believe IBM was 100% behind his bold statement. More along the lines of "well, we're PRETTY sure we can get them out by then, but there are no guarantees".

Paul just voiced out his own opinion. This is what we call freedom of speech... :p

If you find it so disgusted:

1) Do a rival website, posting your opinions instead

2) Don't even go to that website

--THE END--

I personally can't stand Paul Thurrott, as mentioned before, he is paid heavily to promote Microsoft products and make them sound better than they really are. Not that I have any problem with Microsoft products, but still. Paul is a biased source for news and information, and there have been times when he said something was going to happen (because his "insiders" at Microsoft told him so) and those claims end up to be false.

Just my 2 cents.

I personally can't stand Paul Thurrott, as mentioned before, he is paid heavily to promote Microsoft products and make them sound better than they really are. Not that I have any problem with Microsoft products, but still. Paul is a biased source for news and information, and there have been times when he said something was going to happen (because his "insiders" at Microsoft told him so) and those claims end up to be false.

Just my 2 cents.

he may be extreme, but i dont think that you can say that unless you provide proof. it is just pure speculation on your part.

STV

he may be extreme, but i dont think that you can say that unless you provide proof. it is just pure speculation on your part.

STV

The part about false claims? Dig back into the PDC 2003 blog information if you can find it and you might be able to see what I was talking about. If not, I take that comment back. Like I said, its just my 2 cents, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I've met Paul personally and I think that if any of you guys would have met him you wouldn't be talking so much crap. Paul doesn't always promote Microsoft products. He provides an honest and good review of their products, if he thinks they're good he says so and vice versa. People shouldn't be so quick to judge someone from web blogs.

I've met Paul personally and I think that if any of you guys would have met him you wouldn't be talking so much crap. Paul doesn't always promote Microsoft products. He provides an honest and good review of their products, if he thinks they're good he says so and vice versa. People shouldn't be so quick to judge someone from web blogs.

Bah yeah!! Like we're going to trust one MS troll's comments about another MS troll!!! :whistle: :p ;) Juuuuuust kidding. Well said though.

Like I said, its just my 2 cents, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Yup they are. So there's no need for you to be bashing his opinion in your previous post...is there?

He reports on MS stuff. Big deal. I've seen him tear apart MS products before. Actually, his realistic view on Apple is quite refreshing from the always pro-Apple sentiments I see some people writing on here. He's no different from the MS haters/Apple lovers....and we all know there are plenty of those running around. You judge him for his opinions, but then turn around and do the same thing.

I have absolutely zero problem with Windows. I think XP is a great OS. If OS X wasn't around, I'd be using XP. I've just found that OS X is more to my liking (MUCH more). I'll probably be building a pc here soon to fulfill my gaming urges and take on the roomates in some network play.

As far as the article in question, I agree 100% with Paul. Apple absolutely blew it. No they don't make the processors, but Jobs is the one who made the statement about 3ghz G5s. You don't go saying things like that about new tech. I find it quite hard to believe IBM was 100% behind his bold statement. More along the lines of "well, we're PRETTY sure we can get them out by then, but there are no guarantees".

Excellent postage.

Great to see an unbiased view here.

Paul can be extreme, but he also is like many of Neowinians. Some like Macs, some like Apples. Some love ATI, some love nvidia.

Its good to be passionate about something, but before all you hypocrites out there start saying that Paul is a troll, why not look at yourselves and think about how many times you have trolled on these forums. Then after you think about it, STFU and leave him alone.

I have no problem with Pauls reporting...

It is good to read stuff by somone (that I think) has an objective view of all OSs because of his experience using them. His Winsupersite is unique in the depth that he goes into and the way he updates it often.

If you really think he's a microsoft Troll consider this:

This "Troll" and his "biased" opinions have made me buy an iPod back in 03, run Linux (for the first time) and download Firefox.

And now i intend to buy a Dual 1.8 G5 (now its $2000!!) seriously, some M$ lover he is.(and if he is, he really sucks at his job)

But as always if you find his opinions biased and false, dont read his stuff. All opinions should be taken with a bit of scepticism(right? if not use sp).

ok enough of this bashing there should be a rule of only bashing Jobs, Gates and "that sun CEO"

No they don't make the processors, but Jobs is the one who made the statement about 3ghz G5s.

Actually, from what I've gathered, it was the IBM VP that said it, and Steve Jobs just repeated it. Unfortunately, the only thing people remember is that Steve said it.

actually, at wwdc, the ibm guy just said that they have a really big roadmap and that they were planning on the next generation. he didn't say bout the 3ghz thing - steve did.

I didn't read the whole thread and don't need to but asking a Mac users forum an opinion on Paul Thurrott and his fanatical Windows sites is like asking Linus Torvelds why he didn't apply to work on the Windows team.

here we call this flame bait, unless you pose this question in the correct forum.

Therefore closed.