HyperTerminal for Mac?

Does anyone know where I can find a program similar to HyperTerminal for Mac? I need it to work with a Belkin USB to Serial Adapter.

I need to configure a router through a serial port console and I want to use my PowerBook for this. According to the router's manual it needs to be configured "with a VT100 terminal session via the serial interface". :unsure:

Thanks for the replies.

I think I just ran into a driver problem though. I tried ZTerm, but it only detected the following Serial interafaces:

a) modem

b) Bluetooth-PDA-Sync

c) Bluetooth-Modem

I didn't see the Belkin USB-Serial Adapter. I installed the drivers that came with it on a CD and rebooted my PowerBook and still nothing. :unsure:

Problem Solved. :D

It turns out that Belkin does not have drivers for OSX, only for OS9. I just ran ZTerm in Classic and it detected it fine and connected to my router. It's not really a problem seeing as I am only going to use that serial adapter to program routers, and it's all text based on a terminal so it doesnt really matter.

NETknightX: Thanks for the link.

By the way, if it's a Cisco router, there is a neat utility called Telconi Terminal that basically provides a graphical configuration tool for them, but it only works over ethernet, not serial (the last time I checked). Telconi Terminal

By the way, if it's a Cisco router, there is a neat utility called Telconi Terminal that basically provides a graphical configuration tool for them, but it only works over ethernet, not serial (the last time I checked). Telconi Terminal

The router I'm configuring right now is a Cirilium VoIP Gateway. Thanks for the link anyway, it might be useful later.

I still don't understand how the registration scheme for ZTerm works. There seems to be no timebomb, limitations or annoying dialogs. Yet the registration costs $20. Anyone can clear this up for me?

The router I'm configuring right now is a Cirilium VoIP Gateway. Thanks for the link anyway, it might be useful later.

I still don't understand how the registration scheme for ZTerm works. There seems to be no timebomb, limitations or annoying dialogs. Yet the registration costs $20. Anyone can clear this up for me?

Sounds like DonationWare to me.... you could use it free I guess :ninja:

But I usually pay for things I use :cool:

Sounds like DonationWare to me.... you could use it free I guess :ninja:

But I usually pay for things I use :cool: