Online gaming is not cutting it with cable...

I don't know if I'm in the right place to post this or not, but I think it may be do to my cable isp, so I'll give it a shot here. I have a crappy 'puter, 900mhz celeron, 386 mb ram, 10 gig hd, nvidia gforce 32 mb card (PCI). I know this ain't a gaming machine, but all I play is unreal tournament '99 edition and it always plays it just fine, well for about 3 weeks now, I lag so bad, it's as bad or worse than if I was on a 56k modem when playing online. I've been to 5 of the servers I always play at, but now it's unplayable. I have Charter pipeline cable with 3 mb per sec down and 256 up, my ping on those servers are usually pretty decent, around 75 to 190 ping, but still this terriable lag. I've called Charter and told them, but when they come out, they just run a benchmark test at off peak hours of course, and get a good reading, 3mb or better, and say "I don't know why it does it, your getting good speed"? :rolleyes:

Most of the time in the evenings now, my speed goes from 1.5 to 2.5.

I don't know if something is just going wrong with my game, puter, or isp. What does it sound like to you and what would you do?

I'm thinking about going to DSL extreme :pinch: