I did something stupid...

Long story short... I was dualbooting 2k/xp, but i switched over to xp. I was cleaning out my 2k partition, and deleted all the files. Well it turns out that the bootloader and whatnot were on my 2k partition, and now i cannot boot my computer. :(

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I am open to any solutions as long as they dont require formatting my current xp partition. (I know thats what some of you were thinkin...:) )

Well, it took awhile, but I finally got my partitions straightened out. Now the only thing that I need is the xp bootloader files.

I think the only files I need are: ntldr, msdos.sys, io.sys, ntdetect, boot.ini, and config.sys.

If someone could plz zip those files together and post them up here, I would be extremely grateful. Short of a reinstall, I see no other way to fix this. And I would really hate to reinstall for just a few files.

Thanks in advance.

When you say first screen, do you mean as soon as the cd boots, or after it loads all the setup files?

Ive tried hittin F8 during all those times, and nothing different happened.

Now this may sound like an extremely silly question but...if you cannot boot your computer how can you be using the message board :ermm:

unless u hav a 2ndry pc, but this is me you're talking about (lack of common sense) :roll:

Well duh... I would have to have another computer.

ANYONE... Either give more clarification on how this F8 thing in the win setup works, or post the necessary boot file. I leave for school in a few hours, and I really want to get my system working before i leave.

Yea, ok, so i hit R and it drops me to a prompt. This isnt like the win2k install, it doesn't have any (obvious) options to repair the system.

I remember the win2k one, and as far as I can tell, xp doesnt have the same options.