Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router

hi there well i lost my cd and @ linksys site you can't dowload the drivers so i hoped any of you guys migth have the drivers lying around ;)

i realy realy hope you guys do ! :laugh:

You don't need Drivers for the router. :rolleyes:

If you want the latest firmware then download 2.02.8-security.

Ummm you don't need drivers for a router.

I have that router and I don't need drivers... you probably need drivers for your wireless card or network card.

Edit: Damnit xStainDx

You shouldn't need drivers for a router, wireless or wired. A router is external to the PC and is not managed by the PC at all.

You don't need drivers for a router. Are you meaning you want the installation setup wizard that came with it? I don't have that, but reset the router, plug it in, and in Internet Explorer type in 192.168.1.1 and you will goto the router's configuration and can make what changes you want. You shouldn't need the CD though.

Ummm you don't need drivers for a router.

I have that router and I don't need drivers... you probably need drivers for your wireless card or network card.

Edit: Damnit xStainDx

2.02.8 is beta firmware. Some people have reported problems with it. Stick with 2.02.7.

Might not be drivers, but whatever was on that CD he wants & needs... ;)

There is nothing usual on the CD... an outdated manual and adobe reader. I guess it included a linksys utility that attempted to setup the router for you if you are connected to one of those ISPs that look at mac addresses, that utility would basically clone your mac address on that PC... but other than that... pretty darn useless

The cd is often used just as instructions on how to set up your router. If you already have it set up and wanted to configure something just log into it.

Might not be drivers, but whatever was on that CD he wants & needs... ;)

yeah i need it to make a virtuel conection (because i can see it sending and reciving but can't acces any kind of internet servic) and i cant acces the router using the standard ip-adres (http://192.168.1.1/)

?? :blink: ??

If you can't access the router via it's IP (at least, what you though was it's IP) how can the CD help you? You'll probably just have to reset it.

check your own IP adress to see if you are one the same subnet - ie that yours is xxx.xxx.1.x

I couldnt see mine once and it was because you cant see it if your IP is on a different subnet

A router is external to the PC and is not managed by the PC at all.

Well, most routers.

The MS and Apple wireless routers both can both be managed by software that is installed on your computer.

well after a short call to my i-net provider the told me the need to reset the modem (i cant do this from my home :angry: ) but anyway got it up and running :)