using neighbors wifi!

as some of you know, i am on vacation, and forced to used 56k (ouch) well i remembered last year i setup a neighbors DSL and they has a 802.11b router and i set up the wep key... so i come here this year, and i totally forget the wep key (i now know it was 101010101010 (so basic)) so from 2 houses down, i get 500/130k, or like 10x speed of dialup!!! go me.. best part is he said i could use it lol

Cool...im actually thinking about doing that for broadband because im the only house down the street that cant use it :(

cool

i just set up my wifi router and found someone has a router near me with wifi turned on, they have WEP turn on tho :( so no free internet for me

I've been using this method for 2 years with my parents/grandparents. Got me a nice yagi antenna, hoisted it onto of their store building and surf away. Im probably a few thousand feet, with another apartment in the signals way, going through lots of brick and I still get 100% link quality and 64% singal strength. All I have is the D-link 520+ stock antenna on my pc and I still get that.

cool

i just set up my wifi router and found someone has a router near me with wifi turned on, they have WEP turn on tho :( so no free internet for me

why dont you ask them if they want to split the cost of internet. im sure they will enjoy ahving to pay half the cost of internet every month.

I'm amazed that people dont just buy wifi routers and make a Wifi access point for the whole street if they pay

like get 5 good connections (2mbit) and thats all you will ever need :)

i got a neighbor who's got a wireless router, don't know which one, but all i know is i can take my laptop anywhere in my area and have internet access.

by going through her files :devil:

i found that she is on a Sony Vaio computer, Sony Ericsson 800 cell phone, she's a History teacher at a high school and her husband is some sort of an architect. i was really looking for some nude pics, but failed to find it.

:laugh:

i got a neighbor who's got a wireless router, don't know which one, but all i know is i can take my laptop anywhere in my area and have internet access.

i found that she is on a Sony Vaio computer, Sony Ericsson 800 cell phone, she's a History teacher at a high school and her husband is some sort of an architect. i was really looking for some nude pics, but failed to find it.

So let me guess.. Administrative share with no administrator password? Or was it the entire root drive shared for Everyone? :p

lol. I actually have the same thing going on over here, across the street, which I am pretty sure is the souce of the connection I am getting has a girl near my age, and I want to get on their network but need to get closer, but can't do so, lol. I dim the laptop screen and it is still bright to notice if I were to go across the street to get a stronger connection and ****, haha. Not like I really care though. I am actually going over there sometime today, I promise the guy that I'd come over and network their computer since he said he has had problems with his sons computer access the internet, but the daughters is fine, hoping that this is actually the source, not like it matters, lmao.

I know heaps of people with wifi and there msn seems to cut out all the time.... Does anyone else get this??

DSL routers with wifi cost heaps over here in NZ :\

I know heaps of people with wifi and there msn seems to cut out all the time.... Does anyone else get this??

DSL routers with wifi cost heaps over here in NZ :\

yeah, i have wifi soley for my laptop, and when connected i drop msn like 5 times an hour...

also if i go out on the front step, i lose signal to my router and switch over to a neighbors across the street...