ASUS P4P800 Deluxe

I bought this motherboard in December for the computer I built, and all I can say is GREAT!

This Motherboard has the Intel 865PE chipset which supports a Pentium 4 with 800 MHz FSB and Hyper-Threading, It supports 4GB of Dual-Channel DDR-400 RAM and has 4 ram slots. It has one AGP8x port which is what almost all Graphic Cards use now, but there is PCI-Express coming out which it doesn?t have. It has 5 PCI slot's, the AGP is placed farther away then the first slot to make sure you get to use all of them even if you have a large graphic card. It also has a wireless LAN slot for the ASUS wireless LAN card, but if you use the wireless LAN slot you can?t use the fifth PCI slot. It has 2 ATA plugs, 2 RAID ATA plugs, 1 FDD Plug, 2 SATA plugs which can be set to RAID, so you have PLENTY of space for drives. The integrated network in it is super fast, with a 3COM 1gigabit controller, but the integrated Sound Card isn?t too great but it still has 6 channel sound.

The AI-Over Clock is nice, allowing easy over clocking up to 30% with just a couple keystrokes. And if it gets too hot the motherboard will shut off and turn off Over Clocking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the Ports it has:

2 x FireWire (IEEE1394) Ports (1 Back, one internal header on motherboard)

8 x USB2.0 Ports (4 Back, 2 internal Headers for 4 more)

Back Ports:

1 x Parallel

1 x Serial

1 x PS/2 Keyboard

1 x PS/2 Mouse

1 x Audio I/O

1 x RJ45

1 x S/PDIF Output

Internal I/O Connectors

- CPU / Chassis / Power FAN connectors

- 20-pin ATX Power connector

- 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector

- Chassis Intrusion

- S/PDIF out connector

- CD / AUX / Modem audio in

- GAME/MIDI connector

- 2 x SATA ports

- COM2 connector

- Front panel audio connector.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The package it comes in includes:

User's manual

2 x UltraDMA 100/66 cable

2 x Serial ATA cable

1 x IDE cable

FDD cable

I/O shield (Fits perfectly around the back panel I/O ports)

InterVideo WinDVD Sutie

+

CD With:

-Drivers

-ASUS PC Probe

-Trend Micro? PC-cillin 2002 anti-virus software (OEM version)

-ASUS LiveUpdate Utility

Pros:

Plenty of Space for whatever you need

Speaking Error Messages

Put your OWN Logo while initialization

Easy Over clocking

Most stuff you need are integrated

Color coded dual channel ram slots

Cons:

Long initialization time (you can shorten in about 5 seconds if you don?t need the RAID controller by turning it off)

Very Large, needs a large case

One of the RAID Drive plugs is on the side of the MOBO, Very inconvenient!

I Paid $125 With Shipping for it (From Newegg.com, no longer selling them for some reason?)

p4p800-d_l.jpg

(Image from ASUS Website)

Edited by mrp04

nice review (Y) . except one thing, you said that it has easy upclocking, but have you tried it? and if so, what did you get (system specs)? cheers

i tryed it once, but i turned it off again (didnt need it). I overclocked to 10% i think. It went faster and i had 3.3ghz (not only the processor is overclocked the ram and graphics card is too).

i tryed it once, but i turned it off again (didnt need it). I overclocked to 10% i think. It went faster and i had 3.3ghz (not only the processor is overclocked the ram and graphics card is too).

so basically you cant really say it has good overclocking. because i guess u never really tested the highest fsb, you just did the 10% option,right?

so basically you cant really say it has good overclocking. because i guess u never really tested the highest fsb, you just did the 10% option,right?

I didnt say it is GOOD, i said it is EASY, and yes i only did the 10%

Cons:

One of the RAID Drive plugs is on the side of the MOBO, Very inconvenient!

thats funny that you don't like that feature. a while back when i was reading reviews for this board, I'm pretty sure the review sites liked that.

i was working with a pc shop once and we were the official distibutor of asus products at the region. My experience with the P4p800 deluxe has been excellent. at one time with me and my boss (who's another OC freako0 wants to know how far she can be pushed. the system specs were:

Thermaltake spark 7+ copper HSF

Intel p4 2.4C (northwood)

Asus p4p800 deluxe (default bios)

256MB*2 of kingston hyper x DDR466 mhz

asus gf4 mx440 agp

maxtor 80GB S-ATA 150 7200rpm 8mb cache HDD

Topower 470W PSU with active PFC

we crank her all the way up to 3.5ghz and it didnt squeal... very stable... it ran thru sisoft sandra 2003 burn in test for 3 days straight without a hiccup... i totally recommend this board for an intel platform... but i'm pro-AMD :p

im getting the same but not delux, im getting p4p800 SE as soon as SP2XP is released.

Reason is i dont want any extra stuff. me no likie raid no sata. just need a board to support a P43ghz and support dual chanel ram.

a word of advise before purchasing. my x-boss told me that if anyone is to purchase p4p800 se/deluxe make sure you get the latest mobo revision. it fixes a few solder traces that in the long run would cause some bugs. my x-boss told me this after he came back from computex. its not really a serious problem he told me, but better be safe then sorry.