CS 1.3 Problem in XP 2600.

Can someone help? I hope so.

Ive installed the new HL and CS patchs, after installing them i couldent connect to a server without it booting the modem (nothing new for me, so i put it into D3D mode), so when in D3D mode it connected but i got mouse lag even without smoke, its like im moving the mouse and its not moving on the screen then it will just suddenley start to work. It seems to happen when im using the keyboard and mouse, however frustrated by this, i got it to connect in OpenGL (after messing around for 10 mins) it was still the same. :-0

Well, after getting hold of build 2600 of XP, (The RTM), being final and all i just wondered if i would have as much trouble in Windows 2000. (i wasent keen, losing my VB.NET install, that takes about 1hr 30mins :/). As a test i ran CS in LAN mode, in D3d and OpenGL i experience the same mouse problems, its like the mouse movements arent being registered at all at random (which makes the game unplayable, not being able to move quickly an all.). So it not the lag thats causing it.

Well an install of Windows 2000 later and i ran it in LAN mode and tested in OpenGL and D3D, to my supprise it worked perfectley.

What the hell is going on?? My mouse is a USB Optical and works fine in every game in XP except fecking CS (which i play the most, . Now XP is FINAL, so its not XP, and it cant be my mouse (that works fine in everything else), it cant be DirectX 8.1 (it does it in OpenGL as well), its not resources, 128mb RAM is enough for HL and XP (Im at the recommended, acording to the official specs).

As if i dont have enough probs with my modem, actually getting into a game and now i get this. :/.

Also on a CS 1.3 note, the game is now more laggy and the pings are now higher, what a mess. Oh CS 1.1 worked fine with the mouse btw. I turned off the voice ability, and it seemed to help, it still happened though (then again it could have just choose not to do it as much at that particular time).

Im out of idea's. Any thoughts. I really like XP now, it seems very stable, and i was looking forward to buying it in October (well with a bit of luck. If i can pre-order at a reasonable price.).

Dual Boot is an option i suppose, but just to play ONE game seems a waste of HD space.

Has anybody had this problem? Maybe something in CS 1.3 dosent like XP, or my USB mouse with XP :s. *sighs* I have a MS USB Trackball Optical btw (full name just incase it helps).

Thoughts? Comments? ;)>

chances are dude is that this is a driver problem...HL is a finicky bugger when it comes to GFX probs/slow downs.

As for working properly in CS 1.1 Vs 1.3 i have no clue......i haven't experienced any major problems.

Are you running an ATI video card? Cuz if you are forget about it until the new patch comes out to fix the ATI specific problems (like not being able to play in OpenGL, mouse lag in D3D and being kicked off servers with the Overflow message). If your using a non-ATI card, then it can be several things they are also going to address in the patch. :disappoin

Nah, i have a 3D Prophet Geforce 256 SDR, I tried reinstalling XP again and not using the new Detonator 4's just using the standard drivers with XP, and then using D3D. Still the same. I just cant figure out why it was working in 2000 but not in XP.:disappoin

Any idea when this new patch will be out? I assume its not going to be soon, in the mean time i will either have to miss out on playing CS:( or install 2000 :( or dual boot for the sake of one game. :ermm:

There is also no guarentee that this patc will fix it, and last time i looked the Official CS forum was closed, so i cant even bring the problem to their attention. :disappoin :disappoin

hmm:ponder:

thanks for all your help btw :)

the new patch wont do anything for you. it sounds like the game is just running too slow. try setting it in 800x600. i have almost the same config (p3 933, winxp final, 128mb ram, intellimouse exporer usb, geforce2(d4s)) and i have no probs with 1.3. it might turn out the prob is with the new voice chat. i wish there was a way to disable rightout (not the tab and click thing). (also the reason for the excess lag is the voice chat). i recommend updating to all the latest drivers including the ones for your sound card. and bumping down the graphics a little.

--jason