Show iTunes Song In iChat?

i switched over to osx from windows, and on the IM client i used for aim my favorite feature was being able to type /music and it shows the song that Winamp was playing. Is there something similar in OSX for iChat??

i can type /music with that and itll show my current song in a converstation?

o... not in conversation... what this does is sets your ichat status to your current song (only other ichat users will be able to read it though). sorry... you could probably make a simple applescript to find it though. check out macosxhints.com, someone may have already done it for you :p

o... not in conversation... what this does is sets your ichat status to your current song (only other ichat users will be able to read it though). sorry... you could probably make a simple applescript to find it though. check out macosxhints.com, someone may have already done it for you :p

A lot of AIM clients show the message, just not AIM.

I know GAIM shows it, and miranda does if you do a get info on somebody.

A lot of AIM clients show the message, just not AIM.

I know GAIM shows it, and miranda does if you do a get info on somebody.

o. well that's just plain stupid.

anyway, i whipped up a little applescript for you, that copies the artist and song to the clipboard and then quits. toss it in the dock (if you use it a lot), or leave it on the desktop, or if you use the script menu, toss it in there. after it runs, just paste the info in. it wipes out your clipboard contents, though... i don't know enough applescript to just send it to someone :blush: sorry

enjoy:

Set_Clipboard_to_Current_Song.app

o. well that's just plain stupid.

Yep, but AIM is one of the crappiest apps ever, so what do you expect?

The AIM 5.5 audio/video features are a complete joke compared to iChat AV too.

Yep, but AIM is one of the crappiest apps ever, so what do you expect?

The AIM 5.5 audio/video features are a complete joke compared to iChat AV too.

i've never even used aim 5.5 :D

i hated the ads in aim, but didn't want to pay for some dumbass app like deadaim, so i stuck with myim and aim 4.7. haha... i couldn't do those image connections, but to not see 8 ads bouncing around in the aim window is sweet.

and hell, i made that applescript for you guys, and nobody is downloading it? grr... i don't even know applescript that well! you guys could at least download it and then just trash it, so i can feel proud about my "1337 applescript skillZ" :D

(i was the one who downloaded it though... i wanted to see if the icon i attached would stick or not... it doesn't)

i was wondering somethign simular, it is possible to get itunes to show the informaion in mirc much like alot of scripts do for winamp/mirc ( i hate winamp)

and hell, i made that applescript for you guys, and nobody is downloading it? grr... i don't even know applescript that well! you guys could at least download it and then just trash it, so i can feel proud about my "1337 applescript skillZ" :D

(i was the one who downloaded it though... i wanted to see if the icon i attached would stick or not... it doesn't)

I would but, I'm at work :(

I'll try it out though because when I do use iChat, I sometimes hit /music like I used to in Adium.

I would but, I'm at work :(

I'll try it out though because when I do use iChat, I sometimes hit /music like I used to in Adium.

i do wonder though... if you could tell applescript, if ichat is active, and message = "/music", replace "/music" with the itunes song... i might try playing with it more tonight. nothing better to do :-\

You could use try this little applet:

Current Song to Current Chat v1.6

This is an applet that runs in the background, until you activate it, at which point it sends info about the currently playing iTunes track to the frontmost message window in iChat.

http://www.malcolmadams.com/itunes/scripts...urrentsongichat

hey, you... shut up!

you just ruined my plans for tonight.

arg!

;)